2

It was parents weekend. Plenty of parents would come up for a day, say hello to their child and then leave again. 

However Penelope didn't have this. She had no parents, both were dead, and she wasn't allowed to go back to her room so she had to watch everyone else hug their families while she thought about what it must be like to have one. 

Josie's mom was coming to visit, so Penelope was left alone, and her girlfriend was the only person she really wanted to see when she was the only one left alone in all of this. Plus...she still hadn't told Josie that her parents weren't coming.

Josie was sitting around a table with her mother and Lizzie, catching up with each other. But while Lizzie rambled on about something stupid Josie couldn't help but look around for Penelope. 

Josie wasn't stupid, and her father had told her when Penelope first came to the school that she was an orphan. So when her eyes found Penelope looking bored on a couch by herself, she knew why. 

"Hey mom, do you mind if I go check on my friend?" Josie asked, interrupting Lizzie. Her mother nodded while Lizzie just rolled her eyes.

"That's not her friend, mom, it's her girlfriend. And she's a bitch" Lizzie mumbled.

"Pen, are you okay?" Josie asked as she sat down next to Penelope. 

"Yea, I'm fine my parents must be running late", Penelope checked her watch as a signal.

"Baby I know they aren't coming" Josie took her hand and Penelope glanced up at her. Penelope sighed, "I- how do you know?" she avoided looking at Josie, knowing that she would be looking at her with concern. 

"I've known since you got here, Pen. You don't have to hide it from me" Josie let her hand fall from holding Penelope's to her leg. 

Penelope could only sigh, "You should go back to your mom Josie, I'll be alright and I'm sure I'll see you later."

Josie looked back at her mom and Lizzie "You're sure you'll be alright?" Penelope nodded, and Josie kissed her cheek before she went back to her mom. 

Penelope snuck back to her room a few minutes later and watched TV by herself. She really did wonder what her parents would be like if they were still alive. She wished she had a family to be around like Josie, even if her mom isn't around much, she has one. 

After finishing a movie and thinking about her parents she decides to go make some dinner. Everyone else was out to dinner with their parents or showing them around the school. Penelope ended up just making toaster pizza and bringing it back to her room.

She decided to do some homework and listen to music for tonight, even if she did feel like a loser because it was a Saturday night. 

Eventually she got bored of her homework and studying and just decided to get in bed early, It was only 9:30, but she could watch some more Netflix until she was tired enough to sleep. 

A couple of minutes into 'Friends', Josie texts her. 

J: Come down and meet my mom! I really want you to meet her

She texts back quick

P: I don't know if I should, Jo. I'm in my PJs and not in a great mood :(

J: That's okay, on my way up

Seconds later, there's a knock on her door and then it opens. 

Penelope still doesn't know why Josie knocks before using her key, but she finds it oddly endearing anyway. 

Josie closes the door behind her and looks at Penelope. She's wearing a black sweatshirt with her hood on, her blankets are almost up to her neck, and she's watching friends.

"Hi" Josie says.

Penelope smiles, "Hi, JoJo. Get in" she opens an end of the blanket and hopes Josie will spend the night. She usually leaves in the morning or the middle of the night so Lizzie doesn't know. 

Josie takes off her coat and shoes and kisses Penelope's cheek before she climbs in and lets the girl snuggle on her chest. 

"I love you, P, you know that? So don't worry about not having someone to visit. I'll be with you forever."

Penelope leans up and kisses Josie. 

"You are the best thing that's ever happened to me, Josie" 

sorry this is TRASH. pls give me some ideas