Chapter 2

Sherlocks POV

Unexpected. I never get flustered. Sure she was definitely conventionally attractive and I'm sure John would say she was pretty. There was something different about her, a feeling different enough that made me completely lose my train of thought and made me forget I was supposed to be meeting John at St. Barts hospital to look over a body.

"Where the hell have you been?" John says almost shouting

"I got caught up in the taxi, I'll explain later" I say blankly knowing if I get into it right now I'll forget about the case.

I'll forget about the case? Another unexpected thought.

"So who is this again?" John asks and Molly walks about in the room.

"Ah, you're finally here Sherlock?" Molly says pursing her lips. I nod and clear my throat directing the attention back towards the corpse.

"Dean Rodney Price, his wife Roxanne Price says he was hit on the head by something dropped by aliens they were walking by the water, the official cause of death is blunt force trauma to the head," I say while walking around the body, emphasizing the word alien to show the ridiculousness of the suggestion.

"Working class, manual labor job based on his calloused hands and..." I say picking up his shoes off the counter behind me "old shoes, maybe 5 or 6 years telling he could not afford new ones. But also supports the idea of a manual labor job since the souls are worn so heavily and the rubber rim on the side is peeling revealing dirt so possibly a construction site job. He wears the shoes to work as well as casually."

"So no education higher than the high school I'd say?" John questions. I nod in agreement.

"Yes, he was a traffic construction worker" Molly confirms out of his file.

"Where are you going with this Sherlock?" John questions. Oh John, he never gets the points until I lay it out.

"There is rising popularity of drones flying over the water despite it being illegal to fly over there. So, I bet if we were to return to the scene of his death there would be a large piece of a drone about 25 ft from where he was hit and killed. Now, the exciting part, did someone purposely hit him, or was it an accident?" I quiz John.

"Drones? What does that have to do with being in the working class? And uh he was hit on purpose?" John says with uncertainty.

"Yes of course drones. Dean and Roxanne were in the working class, living a frugal life so they would of course not be familiar with drones seeing as they are not only new technology but rather expensive. And yes it was on purpose, but now to find out why" I conclude.

I need to go to the scene of the crime. I take a picture of the wound on the back of Dean's head and slip my phone back in my pocket before exiting the room assuming John will pick up on my ques and follow. He does, I do appreciate his responsiveness. It makes matters much easier not having to give every instruction.

We catch a taxi and head over to the waterfront and begin searching for either a piece of a drone or the remnants of one. I take a few steps away placing myself exactly where Dean was killed, facing the water with his wife and his backs towards the city and the park benches. The drone would've fallen in the water. Damn, I'd hate to wet my clothes. I step over the railing in front of the water looking down to see if I could catch a glimpse of any drone pieces before searching further.

"Sherlock, what the hell are you doing?" John laughs as he stands behind the railing.

"It would've fallen in the water. Can you see it around here?" I ask while peering around.