Chapter 3

Jessie's POV

After getting out of the cab with my newfound friend, Sherlock Holmes, I found my new landlord to receive my new house key, and then I started to haul my bags up the stairs to my new apartment. After making three trips up and down the stairs, wishing I had a ground floor apartment, I finally got the chance actually to take in my new apartment. There was a good amount of natural light due to the large window on the backside, which compliments tan colored walls nicely.

It's quite a small apartment, essentially a studio type, but there is an entrance to the bedroom area, so I'll probably put up some sort of curtain to make it feel like a closed-off room. Hey, at least it is bigger than a dorm room. After I was accepted into the school, I knew I'd have to find an apartment rather than stay in the dorms. I did not want to fly back and forth for every break, and it would actually turn out cheaper to pay a monthly rent since I intend on taking summer courses. I also did not want to live with the other Ph.D. students who were in their 30's.

As I continue to unpack my clothes and school supplies, I realized I have no idea how to get to the post office to receive the rest of my larger items. I grab my keys, throw my coat back on and walk downstairs, preparing to get lost in the streets of London. As I open the door to walk back onto the stoop, I see a familiar face sauntering towards my apartment.

"Sherlock! Hi!" I smile and wave, a happy surprise to see him again so soon.

"Oh, hello Jessie," He greets back.

"What're you doing? Looking for me already?" I smirk and laugh. I might as well be bold because if I mess things up, at least I can spend the rest of my time in London actively avoiding the embarrassment.

"Yes, actually, I wanted to ask if you'd like to go out to dinner tonight; I know a nice Italian restaurant just down the street." He says he has obviously rehearsed, which makes it even more adorable.

"I'd love that," I can't hide my smile or the blushing I feel on my cheeks, "one condition?"

He turns his head with confusion. "What condition?"

"Point me in the direction of the post office first?" I laugh as I see the nervousness leave his face, and a smile rises.

"Of course," He says, then proceeds to give me the directions. I pull out my phone to write the directions in my notes so I don't get distracted by how attractive he is.

"And then the postal office will be on the right," he finished, and I let out a giggle. "What?" he asked.

"Oh, nothing, I'm just excited for tonight already, and I realized we don't have each other's phone numbers yet" I smile back at him, handing him my cell phone with a contact open.

"Oh, me too, and oh yes, right," He says, taking my phone and typing for a few seconds before handing it back to me.

"Great, I'll text you, so you have my number as well. And I'll see you tonight?" I reply

"Yes, perfect, see you tonight," He gives an awkward smile and begins to walk off.

"Wait, Sherlock?" I shout, and he stops and looks back towards me. "What time?"

"7'clock, I'll meet you at your door." He smiles, then turns back around as his long coat snaps around with him.

Wow, all he did was turn around, and I've already got butterflies in my stomach.

______

Sherlocks POV

I just asked someone out on a date. Years I've spent avoiding sentiment and getting close to people, yet I gained a best friend in a matter of a few years, and now I'm going on a date. I groan at the thought of what Mycroft will say.