Chapter 7 - Another Popular and Me

A/N: Another short chapter, but new characters are introduced here! Here comes Gregory Hale and Luca Wellington, and they will be very, very significant to this story and to my upcoming story if you know what I mean. Also, I think the next chapter will be mostly some kind of flashback in Ryan's life, but it's significant to the plot. That's why this chapter is quite short; the next one will be long, I promise!

Update with the 2k Reads Special chapter... It's still under fixing because of our damn internet messing it up many times. So sorry!

Anyway, enjoy this chapter! Oh, and please check out the Introduction part. I provided more illustrations of more characters there! I might provide some background info for them, but that'll probably be in the future.

~~~~~~~~~~

(Somewhere in the middle of the night...)

Luca's POV

"You pathetic bastard! I should not have adopted you from that fucking orphanage a long time ago, you mothe—"

BEEP!

... I ended the call as soon as I heard my father scream through the phone at me like a psychopath. I don't care about him anymore, or even his wife. They're toxic and irresponsible parents, and my father is quite right; he shouldn't have adopted me. I was happy in the orphanage, then they came along and brought me to hell.

'At least I got out of them now...' I sighed as I walked through the dimly lighted street of Maple town. I just got back home to pick up my things and finally leave. I mean, I would've done it a long time ago, but I just don't have anywhere to go. But since their insults and irresponsibilities have been getting on my nerves, I made up my mind and left my so-called parents. They're not worthy of being called mother and father.

Despite finally being free, I'm sure my life will be more difficult now. I have some money in my pockets and wallet, but I don't think it will last me before I manage to find a new part-time job. I just got fired from the restaurant I've been working on because I just broke a plate. Even when I pleaded and begged on my knees, my boss didn't get me back and threw me out.

'When will my life ever get better...' I sighed again, and I know it felt a bit ragged this time. I shook my head to fight off the tears. 'No, Luca, you're not going to cry again. You're done crying your heart out...' And even if no one's around, my eyes are too tired to have another breakdown again.

So, I mustered up my remaining strength and tried to find a perfect spot to sleep in. Yes, I'll be sleeping outside. I know my money won't be enough to pay for a rental apartment for at least a month. I don't even have many generous friends to offer me a place to sleep in.

"I probably won't be able to go to school anymore..." It sounds really unfortunate, but I think I must focus on surviving now. I need to find a new job, or I'll be living in the streets eating dumpster leftovers.

I need to live on my own now without the help of my irresponsible parents...

Screw that; they're not my parents anymore...

~~~~~~~~~~

(Days passed...)

Ryan's POV

"I. Can't. Believe. It!" I exclaimed so loud that I didn't even realize that everyone is now taking weird glances at me. I don't care about them right now; these scores on my first quarter exams are totally off my living expectations!

Reigna chuckled. "Heh... Well, you have to believe it, though. Your boyfriends are really the top smartasses of this school."

"I-I never got these kinds of scores before! Reigna, look, look!" I couldn't contain my excitement that I shove the freaking test papers on her face.