Chapter 8- Sibling Rivalry! A Hidden Side of Aika!

It was eight on a Saturday morning and Aika was already in a bad mood. Her parents were going on a two day business trip, leaving her to look after her younger brother, Tatsuya who was 9 years old. What many people didn't know was that they did not have a good relationship at all. Aika was always calm and collected at school, so they would assume that she gets along well with her sibling.

That morning, after she was awoken by Tatsuya, she got a text from Natsu. "Good morning, Aika! We were just wondering if you wanted to hang out today?" Aika sighed. "I can't. I have to watch my brother all day today and tomorrow." "Oh I see. Well, how about we come over and help you?" Aika thought about this for a moment before responding. "Sure." A few minutes later, she heard a knock at the door and sure enough her friends had arrived.

"Hello everyone!" Aika greeted. She let everyone inside and closed the door. "How you never told us you had a little brother?" Momoka gushed. "It must have slipped my mind." She walked over to Tatsuya. "Tatsuya, these are my friends, Natsu, Momoka and Akari." He took one look at them and sighed. "Whatever." The rest of the morning consisted of the girls hanging out in the living room, with Tatsuya played video games across from them.

Then it came to lunchtime. "What do you want for lunch, Tatsuya?" Aika asked. He thought for a moment. "Pizza." "I'm sorry, but you ate the last pizza last night. Pick something else okay?" "No! I want pizza!" "Well you can't have pizza! We don't have any more pizza! You eat too much pizza anyway!" This seemed to be Aika's 5th agreement today and it was just 12pm. "I don't care, I want pizza!" This was Aika's last straw.

"I SAID NO! YOU CANT HAVE PIZZA RIGHT NOW CAUSE WE DONT HAVE ANY! HOW MANY TIMES MUST I REPEAT MYSELF?! YOU EITHER EAT SOMETHING ELSE OR STARVE!" The whole room went silent. They had never seen this side of Aika before. Tatsuya wasn't too fazed by it as he stormed off to his room without saying a word. The girls were left in shock. They didn't know what to say.

"What....what on Earth was that?!" Momoka exclaimed. "I'm sorry about that. I just tend to lose control of myself when it comes to my brother. "Yeah, but I've never seen anything like this before!" said Natsu. "Man and I always thought you were cool and chill about everything." Akari sighed. "Why are you guys making a big deal out of this?" Aika asked. "We're not trying to. We've just never seen this side of you before. After seeing all that, of course we'd be concerned about it."

Aika stayed silent for a while before heading to the kitchen. "Let's just have lunch." After lunch, Tatsuya had not come out of his room yet. "Do you think we should check on him?" Momoka wondered. "No. It's too soon." Aika replied. An hour has passed, followed by two hours and still no peep from Tatsuya. "Okay, I'm really getting worried now." said Aika. Just as she was about to walk up the stairs, she heard something from his room. She ran upstairs and to his room.

There she saw Tatsuya laying on the floor unconscious. "Tatsuya?" She walked over to him and realized something wasn't right and she quickly understood why. His sparkle had been taken away. She looked outside and saw a Dark Sparkle with Onyx standing next to it. "They won't get away with this!" She took out her locket and transformed. "The flourishing light of life! Cure Misty!" She teleported outside and met face to face with the Dark Sparkle.

"Well what do you know? I run into a Pretty Cure!" Onyx said, haughtily. "Get her, Dark Sparkle!" The Dark Sparkle took its charge at Misty, but she was able to avoid it. She got up and began fighting. But it didn't take long for her strength to fade and fall back. But before it can do any more harm to Misty, the other cures arrived and shielded her. "You know you could have told us there was a Dark Sparkle!" Hazel sighed. "Never mind that, let's just finish this off!" said Crystal. Everyone agreed and worked together to fight the Dark Sparkle. "Misty! Now!"

Attack Sequence
Aika taps her locket and a green light appears. It takes the form of a baton just like Natsu's. "Sparkle Star Baton!" She began to twirl it with her hand and creates a light. "Let the power of light return your sparkle! Pretty Cure! Sparkling Flower Catch!" She threw her baton at the monster, trapping it a green loop. "I'm sparkling....." it says as its purified.

"Next time won't be so easy." Onyx sneered as he disappeared. As Tatsuya's sparkle was returned to him, he began to regain consciousness. "Thank goodness! You're awake!" Aika gasped. "What happened?" He asked. "You passed out in your room." Natsu replied. "Aika had brought you to your bed and let you sleep for a while." Akari explained. He looked at his older sister with sincere eyes. "Listen sis, I'm sorry about the way I've been acting today."

"It's okay. I should apologize too. I shouldn't have gotten mad at you." Aika replied. "So does that mean we can have pizza?" Everyone except Aika started laughing. "Really Tatsuya? It's past lunchtime already." But even she couldn't help but laugh. While she may not have the best relationship with her brother, she truly did love him. After all, siblings don't always have to get along and be friends.