unlocked!(lvl 1.2)

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

C O O P E R ' S P O V

After letting go of Y/n hands as she walked into her apartment, I walked down the stairs and opened up my apartment door, being met with Noah sitting on the couch. "How was skating?"

I sat down on the couch next to him, dropping my board on the floor, allowing my limbs to go limp as I stared at the ceiling. "Amazing, I helped Y/n with a trick and it was amazing. She did amazing."

"Ohh, Cooper, you got those eyes again," Noah prods at my side with his finger and I look accusingly at him.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I say, furrowing my eyebrows together. 

"You're stupid aren't you," Noah says nonchalantly. "How you're looking at the ceiling while thinking about earlier, that's the same way you look at Y/n... what the fuck isn't clicking."

"Maybe that just how I look when I think," I object.

"That's not true, your facial expression was different just now. You looked like you were infatuated with something, or in this case, someone," Noah explains.

Did I really look a certain way when I thought of Y/n?

No, he's trying to get a reaction out of you

"You're full of shit," I chuckle in disbelief, getting up from the couch and grabbing my board from the floor and walking back to my room, brushing my hand through my hair on the way.

"Cooper," Noah says, making me turn around and face the brunette. "Hypothetically, if Y/n were to walk in right now and ask to spend the night with you, what would you say?"

I think for a second, Y/n and I have already slept next to each other once, but the thought of doing it again after what had happened tonight did make my heart speed up and my neck become warm.

Readjusting my stance and shifting a bit, I answer: "I would let her. It's not like we haven't slept next to each other before. I would offer her my bed, though, and I would sleep out here."

"Your cheeks are darker and your pupils dilated," Noah chuckles. "I think I got the answer I wanted," Noah says as he gets up from the couch with a grunt and pats my shoulder before disappearing down the hallway.

I shake my head before going to my room, propping up my board, and walking to Travis' room, knocking lightly. "Come in!"

"Hey, Trav, can I ask you something?" I ask, shutting the door behind me as I see Travis sitting at his computer.

"Yeah!" He says, spinning his chair around as I sat on his bed.

"So, when I, like, talk about Y/n, does my demeanor change?" I say, leaning on my hands behind me. Travis smiles mischievously.

"You finally caught on to your own behavior, Coopie!" Travis says.

"Don't fucking call me that-"

"You let Y/n call you that, though, why can she call you a nickname that I came up with but I can't?" Travis leans back in his chair, while Cooper sits there, realizing what Travis had said was true.

"Okay, but it's different with her," I say, defending myself, not letting Travis and Noah get the satisfaction of being right.

"How is it different? Why can one of your friends call you a nickname, but your other friend can't even though he came up with it?" Travis says, putting emphasis on 'friends.'

"Unless, you see Y/n as more than a friend," Travis finishes, raising his eyebrows.

I click my tongue in my mouth before prodding the inside of my cheek, and smiling out of embarrassment. "So, I might be developing feelings for her, is... that a bad thing? I mean, we haven't known her for very long and I don't want to freak her out if I by chance tell her too soon."

"Well," Travis starts, "I don't think it's bad you're developing feelings for Y/n. If you said you we're in love with her after knowing her for such little time, I would be a bit scared. There's nothing wrong with developing feelings quickly, but we've only known her for what, two weeks? Two and a half at most? If you said that you want to marry her and spend the rest of your life with her right now I wouldn't know what to tell you that would make you happy.

"I think it's nice that you found somebody, and by the looks of it, the feelings are reciprocated. The same look you have when you think about Y/n and talk about her, Y/n does the same with you. Noah can vouch as well, when Y/n talks to Noah, she looks like she's just having a conversation, but when she talks to you, her posture relaxes and the way she looks at you... ooo! It makes me so excited for you," Travis says. I never really noticed that she looked at me differently. Maybe because I was admiring her so I didn't notice...

"Y'know, you actually say some smart and insightful things sometimes, Trav. But what do I do now? How are you and Noah so sure she feels the same?" I say, bringing my hands from behind me to rub my face and run them through my hair.

"How about tomorrow, Noah and I go out and you invite her over. You guys play games or something and try and keep track of how she acts around you-"

"But what if she's actually uncomfortable around me and that's why she acts differently?" I say, realizing they both could have been reading her body language completely wrong.

"Remember how I said she relaxes when she talks to you? If you are uncomfy around someone you tense up, not relax."

"I guess you're right," I sigh.

"I'll let Noah know we have to be out of the house for a couple of hours. Are you okay with this?" Travis asks. I was curious, now that I know she hypothetically acts differently, I am curious to see if they're right or idiots.

"Yeah, I'm okay with it. Thank you, Travis," I say, getting up from his bed and heading towards the door.

"They don't call me the love doctor for nothing," He says, turning back around in his chair.

"No one fucking calls you that."

"Well, maybe they should start."

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

i've been struggling with motivation to write,,, good thing the next few chapters are prewritten so i have good (mediocre) content to put out <3