Hope.

"I've searched everywhere but it seems like there is no escape pods left... I'm afraid there is no escape now... Maybe... Maybe if I went straight to her heart?"

-Mr.X's notes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21th of December, 2076. 

As I started running through the hallways, I heard the sound of a bell ringing, twelve times, before realising it came from Yami's arm. I turned my head to her and realised she was talking with Nisshoku. I then realised the twelve ringing so

unds came from the Clock castle, telling that midnight had arrived. I smiled and looked back forward. Suddenly, the hallways vibrated, rotated, turned in all kind of directions. And a voice echoed through the hallways.

"Where are you going?"

I held tightly onto Yami's hand, trying not to fall over from all the vibrating and turning. I noticed she stopped talking with Nisshoku and was looking at me while screaming something but I couldn't hear her voice.

"Are you thinking of leaving? You're not going to leave me already, my dear Daughter, right? We just reunited, it'd be a shame..."

Yami gave a cold glare at one of the cameras projecting a yellow light on us and the wall as the hallway laughed.

"Why don't you stay here with me? You could be a Queen, like your Sister. Isn't it funny how your only friend is the father of one of your Sisters?"

-"...What the hell are you even talking about?!" Yami yelled out.

-"Oh? Hasn't he told you? Your dear Lance is the father of Nisshoku, you know. He even had a conversation with your dear father earlier, I'm sure he hasn't told you this either, has he?"

-"...You... You really talked to him...?" Yami said, turning her head to me.

The walls suddenly stopped vibrating as GLaIVE-...No, Caroline, laughed.

-"...I did." I answered.

-"What did he tell you? Please, I need to know." Yami asked as she held onto my arm, almost desperately.

-"...He... Told me that I was one of the scientists that worked on Project Nova... That I was... Sent back to my time during the incident... Also... He showed me GLaIVE's heart... And your mother."

-"...My mother?"

Yami looked around.

"But my Mother is GLaIVE herself, isn't she?"

-"...Not quite..."

-"...What do you mean?"

-"...Her name is Caroline."

-"...Huh?"

-"...You'll get what I mean later."

I grabbed her hand and started running again. The walls started to vibrate again. A bit of the ceiling collapsed and nearly crushed us.

"You have no idea where my heart is! How are you even going to reach me?" GLaRE yelled out, followed by a bloodcurdling laughter.

-"...I'll find it, one way or another, I know I will."

-"I'd love to see you two try!" GLaRE laughed.

The floor under our feet started to collapse too, falling in darkness and crashing down below with a loud and dull sound. The ceiling and walls were also collapsing, trying to crush us or force us into the holes in the ground.