"Monster"

"A tragic incident, wasn't it?"

-"She's dead. They're dead. All because of her."

-"I know, sir, I know."

-"Who stopped the lullaby?"

-"I'm sorry, sir. The answer is unknown to us yet."

The scientist looked at the debris covering the corpses, letting out a sigh.

-"Let's go somewhere else, I cannot stand this view."

-"Yes sir."

-Diary of Doctor J.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17th of September, 2023.

It was around 9 pm. I was walking through the streets, as I had nothing to do. A water drop fell on my nose. Then two. Then three. Then it started raining. I stared up at the rain falling down on me. I decided to continue walking, even if my clothes were going to end up soaked. My name is Lance, I am 22 years old, un-employed. That's all you need to know. I went in the park to use the trees as "rain shields", as I like to call them in rainy times. No one was there, just me, the pale moonlight shining over me. The wind was making the branches whip the air over me.

I heard a noise, something moving in the bushes behind me. I stopped walking around and stood there, all ears. Whispers, coming from the bushes again. Intrigued, I walked towards the bushes and pushed them out of the way. A figure was here, curled up on itself. It turned to out to be a person, an human? Considering they had long hair, I assumed they were a girl. She was shaking. I reached out my hand to touch her shoulder in order to get her attention. When I touched her shoulder, she quickly turned around with a surprised scream. She stared at me like she's seen a ghost for a good minute. I decided to talk.

"...Uhm... Good eveni-"

-"Stay away!" She yelled, cutting my sentence and brushing off my hand, turning around again.

A silence. A long silence. I wanted to try again.

"...Uhm... Miss... Is there a problem with me being there...?"

-"...No... I am the problem..." She said, not even bothering to turn around.

-"...Why is that...?"

-"...."

-"......."

Another silence, even longer. I patiently asked, glancing at the pale moon through the tree branches from time to time.

"...Because I'm a monster." She said, still turned around.

-".....Why...?"

-"......"

-"........"

More and more silence.

"....It's a long story..." She finally said.

Silence. I was thinking about what to answer when she cut the silence :

"...Mind hearing it..?"

-"...Of course."

-"....Then..." She stood up, finally turning towards me. "First, do you have a place where I could stay?"

She was wearing old, torn out clothes. A grey jacket, black jeans and red sport shoes, to be precise. Her clothes were ripped at various places and were covered in blood, dirt, grass and grease stains.