please never fall in love again

please never fall in love again - ollie mn

november 1, 2018

george pov

-

it's my birthday. i'm eighteen. i'm having dinner with mother. i wish i could just leave. go see nick. stay with him. cuddle with him. hold his hands. wear his hoodies.

i sighed.

"george, you know you can't leave yet." mother complained, "you've just turned eighteen! there's no way nick would remember. you guys stopped talking over two years ago and you haven't seen each other in over three years. how would he even remember you?"

my face contorted into something not of love or happiness, but disgust. "you are the reason i lost contact with him. you are the reason i have yet to see him in three fucking years, mother. i don't want to stay here with you. you ruined something perfect because your homophobia took over. fuck you."

she gasped.

"why would you ever," she began tearing up, "say that to your mother?"

"i wouldn't say it to you if you hadn't been such a selfish twat." i stood up and began walking upstairs.

"don't expect to see me in the morning."

-

november 2, 2018

7:47 am

nick pov

-

yesterday was george's birthday.

i sent multiple messages to his number, but, like usual, 'not delivered.'

i still miss him. my messages haven't been sending for over two years. he hasn't even messaged me from a different number.

has he forgotten about me?

no, that's silly to think. he hasn't.

right?

i sighed and rubbed my eyes. i got up and began getting ready for school. i was late, like usual.

i've stayed up late most nights thinking about george.

i wish to just sleep forever knowing george would be able to move on now, if he hasn't already that is.

i brushed my teeth and ran my fingers through my hair.

i slipped on my black vans and picked my backpack off the floor, pulling it over one shoulder.

"friday," i paused. "last day of real life school." 

i walked out the front door.

i got in my car and sat for a second, hands on the wheel.

"fuck."

a wave of sadness hit me like a brick. my eyes began glazing over with sadness and regret.

regret of letting him go, but, i was only 14. it's fine, i guess.

what if he has fallen in love with a nice man? a nice 6'3 blond guy with green eyes?

i scoffed. "he would fall in love with someone like clay."

or maybe, he's fallen in love with a 5'4 brown haired girl. she only wears skirts that stop just above the knees. right, george? i bet she's great.

i closed my car door and began driving to hell.

-

november 2, 2019