Chapter 6: Imprinting

"You are a wizard?" He repeats. You nod. "Well thats how I know Cedric or Edward whatever! He was a wizard before. The tournament we were in was the Triwizard tournament for some odd reason 3 of Hogwarts students got chosen when only one was supposed to go. If me or Harry never got chosen Cedric would still be alive.." Jasper strokes your face. "I'm so sorry.. I had to be so insensitive but I need you to go back to the wolves.." your jaw drops "Why would I do that?!" "Because they will come after you because you know what they are. If you act like you don't care and your friends with them it will keep you safe." You groan "fine I'll do it." He helps you up and quickly takes you back to their place. You immediately hear voices. "We are sorry Sam! We didn't mean to let her get away!" You here Paul pleading. "She is out there probably exposing us!" You hear someone snap. You knock at the door softly and Sam opens the door "Who the hell are you?!" He snaps. "I..I." Embry comes behind him "Y/n..you came back." He gives you a soft smile. "This is the girl?" He aggressively grabs your wrist and pulls you inside he throws you to the ground. "Watch it!" Embry runs to you. "I'm not going to tell anyone!" You say. "How do I know you're telling the truth?!" You pull your wand out "because they know what I am.." everyone kind of backs up from you. "Calm down I'm not going to do that spell again." You put the wand away. "I.. I suppose she can hang around. Only if Embry imprints on her." Everyone's eyes widen. "W..what does that mean?" You question. "It's when us shape shifters have to find our soulmates.." Embry mutters "You don't have to be lovers you can be friends, but he will have to do anything for you." Sam explains. "I..I'm not sure I mean what if I choose to get married to someone else? You ask. "Well Embry would have to be happy, but he would fall into unbearable emotional pain." You think about what Jasper said and nod your head "Fine do what you have to do then." Embry looks at you "you don't have to do this if you don't want to" you face him "I don't mind as long as it keeps me alive." You reply. "Although you must understand. As the phases go on Embrys feelings will only grow for you turning into a romantic love if you feel the same way. Embry must feel this attraction to you like nothing can keep him away.. that will take some time so you might have to stick around to make sure it works." Sam adds. "So I'm going to stay hostage here?" "Just for a few days so you and Embry can have a chance to connect." You scoff  "I have a family and school-" Paul cuts you off "and she's friends with the Cullens" he says. "I..I don't get what's so bad about them?" You stutter. "Ah okay so she only knows about us. Well I suppose you can go home and after school you come here with Embry and every night you go home is that better?" Sam suggests and you nod. "Fine.. I suppose that's fair." Embry pulls you aside from everyone. "You don't have to do this.. I can find a different way to protect you" "I have to do what I have to do. If that means you having to imprint then so be it. You aren't to bad are you?" He laughs "No no I'm not. I'll drive you home" he takes you in his truck all the way back home.

As you enter your father notices your bloody shirt. "Bloody hell y/n! What's that?!" You push his hand away. "It was a juice box.. uhm at school a kid had a juice box in his hand a-and ran into me in the hallway." He believes you "Oh..okay.." "also I may be out and about this week.. I have a school project." He nods "Alright. Get some sleep you have school tomorrow." You head up to your room.

"Y/n.." Jasper says as you walk in. "Oh my god Jasper! What are you doing here?" You whisper. "I needed to make sure you made it out alive." He adds "Yeah well not without a price." He looks at you "Wait.. what do you mean? Did they hurt you?!" You shake your head "No they didn't hurt me, but they do want Embry to imprint on me." Jaspers face changes "No..no y/n you can't do that!" "What? Why not?" He begins to panic "Werewolves hate us. They hate what we are. If you let him imprint on you, you are basically getting married to him." He explains. "Sam said I could still be with someone else if I chose to." You add. "But you will be putting Embry in so much emotional pain that he might want to end his own life." "Wow.. I.. I didn't know.." "Please don't do it we can find another-" your father interrupts him as he calls your name from downstairs. "Y/n! There's someone here to see you!" You hurry downstairs and see Alice, but she wasn't alone..Cedric..