Chapter 8 - False Confidence

Minor Notes:

Normal – Narration

"Double Quotation" – Speech

'Single Quotation in Italic' – Thoughts

Italic – Unknown/Anonymous

Bold – Video narration

"Bold with double quotation" – Lyrics in Video

Bold with Italic – Text in Video

Midoriya Izuku was confused.

It wasn't every day that your school principal would look you straight in the eye and tell you that you would make a horrifying person, just by being smart.

And considering the years of experience he has had with horrible principals, the type who turn a blind eye, that 'compliment' made Midoriya question everything.

Should he have become a villain instead of a hero?

Did he need a quirk to be a hero in the first place?

Were people scared of him now?

He remembered how people looked at him up on the screen in shock in horror. There was always a twisting feeling in his gut whenever people said he looked terrifying.

Was his crush scared of him now?

Midoriya looked to the duel haired boy, who was absentmindedly fiddling around with his sweater.

He didn't look particularly fearful, but when it came to Todoroki, he could never tell.

And he didn't have the nerve to ask, because, what if he was scared?

What if Midoriya scared one of the people he loved the most?

Todoroki wouldn't know it, but the idea would tear Midoriya into shreds.

---

Todoroki was worried for Midoriya.

He was unnaturally silent as his face was unreadable, but you could tell he was thinking.

Todoroki didn't miss the way Midoriya looked at him, with almost a plea in his eye.

It hurt, knowing that Midoriya didn't feel comfortable confiding in him.

He wishes he could provide as much comfort to Midoriya as Midoriya does to him.

---

It's the last video of the series folks. I have repeated this multiple times, but please be aware of the fact that the Midoriya you are seeing on screen is not your Midoriya. It's a version from a different universe, I expect that Midoriya will not be treated differently as a result of these videos.

"Of course not! I love my bro!" Kirishima shouted, loudly and bombastically.

"Yeah! I may be stupid but I'm not that stupid!" Kaminari chimed in.

"I'm pretty sure it's for extra precaution, you don't have to be that loud you know?" Jiro said, wincing.

The screen turned dark.

Midoriya stands in front of a tree. His hair moves through the wind, as he looks forward. The camera turns to show a younger version of himself sitting by the tree, wearing his middle school uniform.

"Aww young Midori!!!" Mina squealed.

"I love!" Hagakure squealed alongside her.

"Don't take yourself so seriously."