𝑂𝑛 𝐴 𝑁𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝐿𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑠

𝐼𝑛 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑐ℎ - 𝑆𝑡𝑢𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑀𝑎𝑟𝑘 𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑢𝑏𝑗𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑟 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑓𝑡, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑎 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑎 𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒𝑠 𝑖𝑡 𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑎𝑟𝑒

Inspired by: On A Night Like This ~ Kylie Minogue

This oneshot is a little different - because it's actually a teaser for a Willowen book I'm in the process of drafting (so it's another AU) I figured it was long enough to be a oneshot as well, so I wanted to share it here too.

This doesn't give too much away about the plot of the book itself (as in it could be a stand alone piece) so the plot isn't as generic as it may seem here I promise!

Hope you enjoy some Willowen that isn't actually angsty xxx

♡'・ᴗ・'♡♡'・ᴗ・'♡♡'・ᴗ・'♡♡'・ᴗ・'♡

You kiss me, I'm falling

Can you hear me calling?

You touch me, I want you

Feels like I've always known you

A diner, Oldham, 1987

The night shift. The mother fucking night shift. Or as we liked to call it round here - the graveyard shift.

"You're not serious are ya Dee?" My boss, a stock woman in her early 50's, turned to me abruptly with her pair of piercing cerulean eyes. They were unapologetic bedroom eyes, steely and seductive. Luckily for me, she was way out of my age range.

"Completely serious. Mum's managed to lock herself out the flat and it's a 3 hour drive. You're gonna have to cover for me." I sighed, rubbing my forehead wearily.

"I have an assignment due at 8am tomorrow."

"Do it here, I don't care, it's not like we're gonna be busy, as long as you don't get ink in the food!" I raised a bemused eyebrow.

"How exactly would I get ink in the food?"

"Oh I'm sure you'd find a way Owen." Her tone had returned to that typical playful nature our boss was known for and I couldn't help but crack a smile.

"Fine, I'll do it, but you better pay me double at the weekend!"

"Yeah yeah whatever, thanks mate, you're a star! I'll pop back at about 7 tomorrow morning to pick up the keys, so I'll see you then!" With that, she flounced out the door, leaving me alone in the dingy diner.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my job. The diner had been a lifeline for me after dad left 3 years ago. It was a service station diner, hence it stayed open all night, but usually the working hours were amenable with my university degree as Dee did all the night shifts. Except tonight of course, when my final sports psychology coursework was due in for marking tomorrow morning and I'd have to be here all night. Brilliant. Just absolutely fucking brilliant.