Chapter 27: Unlike Before

F A R A

I was wide awake. I couldn't sleep... because I  was thinking if Storm would never comeback to San Francisco again. He told me that his business there was already done. So, did it mean Demi wasn't his business there? I hoped...

I picked up my phone beside Eli who was asleep now. I scrolled down through my Instagram, seeing the photos of celebrities, my high school classmates in Las Vegas and promoted photos there. I stopped when a message popped on the notification. My lips parted when I saw that it was Sam.

Sam Walker: Hi

I gulped as I stared at his message. Should I reply? But Storm ordered me not to talk to him anymore. Pero nakakakonsenya rin na huwag mag-reply. I didn't want to be rude. Sam was a nice person.

I heaved a sigh and typed my reply.

Me: Hello

He replied quickly.

Sam Walker: How are u?

Me: I'm good. How about you?

Sam Walker: I'm going to my work. I saw u online so i chatted u.

Me: Ah i see. Take care.

Sam Walker: Actually, i have a concern.

Me: What is it?

After a few seconds, he sent me a stolen picture of... Storm? The photo had a poor resolution because I guess he cropped it. Probably, it was taken from afar.

Sam Walker: I work at a restaurant in San Francisco and i saw him. That's ur husband, right?

Me: Yes

Later, he sent photos again, but this time, it wasn't zoomed in; kaya naman nakita roon na may kasama si Storm na isang babae sa table. I clicked the other photos, and there I finally saw the woman's face; it was Demi. I double checked if it was really her, and it was really her. Storm and her were laughing on the picture.

Sam Walker: Do u know the woman?

I was shocked. That was the reason why I dropped my phone on my chest. My breaths became heavy because jealousy was starting to fill my heart again. Natulala ako sa kawalan hanggang sa naramdaman ko na nag-init ang mga mata ko, hanggang sa tumulo ang mga luha ko.

Why were they together?

I sat up and tried to compose myself but I couldn't, until I just found myself whimpering. I remembered how they looked happy together. I suddenly went off the deep end, which made me clench my fist. I felt hate towards them.

Storm... Why are you hurting me like this? It hurts so bad, I thought.

I didn't know why I suddenly thought of Storm's scrapbook. I reached for his cabinet and took his scrapbook from there. I harshly opened it, looking for its last page. There I saw the picture where Storm was hugging Demi from the back. There was a caption below: "I'm the happiest man alive. I just won my bestfriend's heart." That page got wet with my teardrops. It felt like my heart was tearing apart. That was the reason why I gritted my teeth in so much frustration; and then, I broke and tore the scrapbook until I just saw the small pieces of its pages scattered on the floor. I was like crazy while doing that. I was crying out loud. I couldn't control my emotions anymore. I just wanted to break the scrapbook like how it broke my heart whenever I saw Storm and Demi's memories there.