Chapter 18: Walk in Obedience

F A R A

Storm and I made a pit stop at the grocery store to buy some healthy food for the youth camp. I even got scolded for grabbing too much junk food. Strorm was committed to living a healthy lifestyle because he believed that our bodies are God's temple, and therefore, we should avoid consuming foods that are destructive to our bodies. Now, I didn't have much of a choice but to jump on the healthy bandwagon. But man it was gonna be a challenge. Can't deny, unhealthy food just tastes better, honestly.

Afterward, we made our way to the youth camp location, which happened to be the same place we had visited previously. I just focused my eyes on the road, and enjoyed the green plains as we passed by them.

A few minutes later, we arrived at our destination. The cold air began to land on my skin as I hopped out of the car. Good thing I wore a jacket when we left the house.

"Storm!"

"Fara!"

Sinalubong kami nina Ate Christy at Kuya Bryan. May kasama silang isa pang babae na, kung hindi ako nagkakamali, Glen ang pangalan.

"Storm, I've missed you!" Ate Glen told him as they shook each other's hand. "Fara, do you still remember me?" baling nito sa akin.

I nodded. She approached me and gave me a warm hug. They were still friendly even if I hadn't seen them for a year.

"Fara, kumusta?" Christy asked me, smiling from ear to ear. She looked so pretty, even with her short curly hair.

"I'm good," I shyly replied, smiling slightly.

"Where are the others?" Storm asked them.

"Uh, they're not available," Kuya Bryan answered. "May work kasi ang iba. Bawal daw mag-leave. Kaya kami na lang tatlo ang nakasama, pero hahabol daw sila kung makakahabol sila."

Storm just nodded but there was sadness visible in his eyes.

Hapon na nang makarating kami rito sa camp place, kaya nagpahinga muna kami saglit ni Storm sa tent na tinuluyan namin.

When night approached, we heard somebody calling us for dinner using a megaphone, so Storm and I came out of the tent and went to the porch area of the place where we would eat dinner together.

"Fara!" I stopped chewing when I heard somebody calling me. My eyes wandered around until my gaze landed on a familiar lady walking towards me.

"Molly, " banggit ko sa pangalan nito nang makalapit ito sa akin.

"Hello, Kuya Storm!" she greeted Storm who was sitting next to me.

"Kumusta?" Storm replied.

"Okay naman, Kuya," she said with a smile, and then looked at me. "Kayo? Kumusta na kayo? Last year wala kayo."

Napatigil naman kami ni Storm sa sinabi nito. She didn't know that we separated during that time.

"We were busy," Storm answered instead.

Tumango-tango lang naman si Molly sa amin. "Kuya, p'wede bang kami ulit ni Fara ang share sa tent?"

Storm turned to me and asked me, "Is it okay with you, Fara?"

I nodded even though it was against my will. I wasn't yet ready to mingle with other people but I also didn't want to turn down Molly. Nakakahiya naman sa kanya.

***

S T O R M

I noticed that Fara's face was pale while I was helping her to move her stuff into her tent with Molly.