Chapter 31: Christmas Eve at Hacienda

I felt so sick every time I saw the white surroundings in the hospital and every time I smelled its weird scent. Thankfully, they took me out of the hospital and brought me home the next day.

I did nothing but stick myself in our bedroom. I didn't want to face anybody, except Storm. Manang Linda wasn't around. She went home to her family in their province because Christmas was coming.

"Fara, come with me," Storm said. "Para naman makalabas ka sa kwartong 'to." Umupo siya sa gilid ng kama. "Get up."

Storm didn't know anything about my problem, and I didn't have a plan to tell him about it.

I looked at him. He looked handsome in his white long sleeve polo. Sunday nga pala ngayon kaya church ang pupuntahan namin. 'Yong lugar na may malakas na tugtugan at may mga taong nag-iiyakan. I still found it weird, ngunit tila hinahanap-hanap ko 'yon.

"Is it the same church where you brought me before?" I asked.

"Yes."

I sat up and said, "I'll just take a bath."

I took a bath and then fixed myself up. Afterward, I went downstairs. Storm wasn't the only one I caught up within the living room because men were starting to lift a big box, and there were still two big boxes left there.

"Pakisakay na lang sa sasakyan," sabi ni Storm sa kanila.

I walked towards him.

His gaze turned on me when he noticed my presence. Then, he gave me a bright smile and said, "Let's go."

I silently followed him when he went outside the house. The moment we got in the car, I noticed some boxes occupying the backseat.

"What are those?" I asked Storm while he was driving.

"Toys for kids," he replied.

Napakunot-noo ako at nilingon ang mga kahon. Naroon ang tatak ng isang sikat na bilihan ng mga laruan.

"Ipamimigay mo ang mga 'to?"

He gave me a glance and a slight smile. "Yup."

***

"Oh come let us adore Him
Oh come let us adore Him
Christ the Lord . . ."

I was familiar with this song. I thought it was a Christmas caroling song, but they changed the rhythm and melody so it sounded modern, unlike the original version. I watched the song leader who possessed wavy dark hair and wore a long, colorful floral dress. I forgot the name of the song leader, but I'd already seen her face when we had attended the youth camp and Ate Christy's birthday.

Storm wasn't on the stage. He was worshipping beside me, lifting both of his hands above while his eyes were shut as he sang passionately. I could hear his glamorous and lovely voice above the crowd's.

"For you alone are worthy
For you alone are worthy
Christ the Lord

We'll give all the glory
Christ the Lord

We'll praise your name forever
Christ the Lord . . ."

Everyone was singing but my eyes were just focused on Storm. I watched his beauty while worshiping God. He was the only man I first saw worshipping like this―with full of humility and supplication, even though he was such a high personality.