Chapter 1

On one hot August morning, I stood before the devils door. Just staring at the fate that awaits me. I would give anything just to be back on the beach tanning or at home watching Netflix. Instead, I was here standing before the doors of Mount Pleasant High School, how ironic. Everything inside those doors aren't anything close to pleasant.

My mother had to drag me out of bed to get here on time. She said it was time for a change. She told me is was a new day to introduce myself, a way to start fresh. Who knows? Maybe she's right.

I tucked some loose hairs behind my ear and opened the doors. I braced myself for the horrors of freshman year. When I closed the door behind me, I saw the usual cliques hanging around in the hallway. The cheerleaders were talking about their summer flings and their adventures, the jocks were talking about sports and who what teams should have won what, the nerds were talking about new scientific discoveries from over the summer, the book worms were engulfed in the new book that they were reading, the emos were in the corner discussing who's nail polish is darker, the couples that were making out against the lockers and the regular people who just blend into the crowd. I expected to see this on the first day. I've read so many books on Wattpad that have described this very scene over a thousand times. All I had to do was find a place where I fit in.

I readjusted my backpack strap and took the slip of paper that read where my homeroom was. Room 205. Then I took out the school map that they sent me over the summer. I tried to find where is was and where my homeroom was located. I couldn't read the map if my life depended on it. When I looked up from the map, someone's face was right in front of mine. I yelped and took a couple steps backwards.

She was wearing a yellow t-shirt that read Class of 2015 with a big smiley face below it. "Hello there! My names Stacey and I'm a senior helper. You look pretty lost so I'm going to assume your new here." I nodded my head. "Yeah, this is my first year here and I have no idea how to read this map." I admitted embarrassingly. She laughed. "Yeah, the maps only confuse you more. Don't worry, once you get used to the school you'll be navigating it like a pro, just give it a couple days." I smiled at her. She may be forward, but she's really nice.

"Stacey!" I heard someone yell from further down the hall. She turned around and was tackled by a buff looking guy. He hugged her and then kissed her passionately on the lips. Her face was full of surprise but she relaxed as the kiss carried on. I just stood there awkwardly looking at everything but the two hormonal teenagers in front of me. She opened her eyes and remembered that I was standing there. She pull away from the boy and turned her attention back to me. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry. I guess my boyfriend here couldn't wait a minute more to see me." He chuckled and put his arm around her shoulder. "I missed that smile this summer." She brushed his arm off of her and blushed. "Stop it Brad. Your making me set a bad example. I'm a senior helper this year."

"Fine! I'll let you help your little friend here. See you at lunch babe." He gave Stacey a peck on the lips and walked away. "Sorry about that. Brad went away this summer to a navy base to train for the Navy Seals." she explained.

"It's okay, I just need to know where room 205 is." I pointed at my schedule and the homeroom number. She looked at it and nodded. "Okay so what you want to do is got up the second level and take a left. The 2 in 200 stands for the level in the school. Our school has 3 levels so if you have a class in the 300's it will be on the 3rd floor. Anyways, once you arrive at the top of the stairs, the numbers of the classes will increase the farther you go and if you take a left they will decrease." I stored this new information somewhere in my head. "Thank you for the help." I said with a smile. "Oh, I never got your name!"

"It's Casey!" I said running up to the second floor. I looked to my left once I got up. 214. Then I looked to my right. 215. To the left it is. Haha, to the left, to the left, everything your own in the box to the left. What's wrong with me?