Chapter 9

Why would Julia say something like this? My mind is gonna shut down if there is more connection with my friends with the mafia world. She doesn't know that, right? I am sure she doesn't know what is the real connection between Ace and me. Yeah, I am just overthinking.

"Why?" Darin and Emma asked in unison.

"Don't you know Mr Wills and Mr Millers are rivals in the management industry?"

"Yeah, that's true. Well, you guys have fun. I think I need to write my resignation and head home" Tommaso sauce patted my back and walked away.

"Guys, we need to go shopping and need to find some sexy dresses for the party. What about tomorrow after school?" I said jumping excitedly.

"Ben, Don't you have a full section of party clothes in your apartment-like closet?" Zacky said exaggerating.

Zach always mocks me with shopping thing. When we were young, he used to make me wear the same gowns again and we used to fight because I wanted a new one.

"But I have worn all that and most of them are gowns and on top of that tomorrow's party is special for meeting special someone," I said with pleading eyes.

"who special someone?" Emma nudged me giving me mischievous smile.

"you will see him tomorrow at the party and I am sure any girl in the world will be dying to see him but you are my friends so you get special treatment. So up for tomorrow's shopping?" I said looking between Emma and Julia.

"How about you go shopping with them for your dress and then you all could go back to yours to find them the right dress from your closet?" Zach suggested

"Yeah, that is the better idea. Boys can pick us up for the party from your house" Julia replied.

"Okay then that's the plan," I said clapping my hands together.

I hope he agrees to join me at the party. Well, why won't he? The party is held at his favourite club and I am sure he can't refuse to see me.

The rest of the day went by quickly and I headed back home.

"I am home" I announced and flopped on the couch.

"I think you should go to the master's office before flopping on the couch" I heard Zacky's voice coming from the living room entrance.

"fine, duke Zach" I rolled my eyes and walked towards dad's office.

"Dad but how can you allow to save Darin. He is the reason our princess is like that. He is the reason she hid from you all these years. He is the reason you decided not to reveal yourself." I heard Tommaso sauce's voice.

How can he be the reason dad hid his identity as mafia king? What is it that dad and my brother is hiding about?

"Tommaso I know right now you are letting your emotions take over you but think it from other perspectives. He can help us finish our fight with the Agus gangs. On top of that, Bennie has forgiven him and the real person behind him was Martin Agus. I am sure you won't doubt the decision made by the future leader. I know you are concerned about your little sister and you are correct as her brother. But you only have half-right to oppose her decision because you also weren't there when she needed you. I am telling you as a father that you should spend more time with her now that you are here and make her emotionally strong. She still cannot control her emotion when it comes to family and friends. You saw how she was begging Jane not to take you from the class. She needs to be strong so that the decisions that she will make in future can not be affected by her emotions and also practice hiding her emotions better than me. She needs to be unpredictable more than she is right now. Do you know what was her weakness till now? You. Whenever her psychiatrist or I mention something about you. She instantly becomes weak and sad. Sometimes just on the mention of your name, her phobia would relapse. She used to lock herself up in her room for several days without letting anyone enter. The only thing I am angry about is that you weren't there when she needed you. I wouldn't have forced you to take my position but I can't allow you to leave the mafia because you know the only way you can cut ties with the mafia is death"