chp 5

I came out with a short sleeved crop top and some black shorts. Pico was changing his shirt and put his green sweater on top of it. I sat on the couch and Aspen got up to lay in my lap. I stroked his fur and smiled, then I thought about last night. Just thinking about it made me feel happy. You thought back to when you and Pico met. Just about 2 or 3 years ago, I'm sitting in the classroom, way after Casandra shot up the school. I was good friends with Nene, and I really liked her. That same day, Nene introduced me to Darnell, who introduced me to Pico. We became a nice friend group although it took a little for Pico to be comfortable around me. I laughed to myself. I turned to Pico and asked, "Pico, do you remember when it took you a while to open up to me?" Pico smiled a bit embarrassed. "Yeah, good memories Y/N." He said. I started thinking again, and remembered how fun Darnell, Pico, and Nene were. Darnell was pretty stupid, but Nene was there to stop him. Pico was pretty smart, but also fun. Nene was super sweet and kept us out of most danger, but not fun. I remember at one point when Pico started getting very close to me. I started to develop feelings  for Pico, but I felt he didn't feel the same. Since Pico was close to me, he always joked around and talked to me. Occasionally he would touch me, but it was him grabbing or a slight tap, but I didn't care. It felt so nice to be around him. The school year ended and Nene, Darnell, And Pico still hung out with me. Nene and Darnell started dating but it thankfully didn't change anything. Years go by and our friendship is still active. Darnell and Nene didn't stop talking to me but I just grew closer to Pico. (And at this point that's where my first book starts) I sighed, shifting back to reality.