4

To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others. - Albert Camus

The screams of the crowd washed over Hongjoong like a wave. The pink light sticks lit up the venue and it was, simply put, mesmerizing. MONSTA X, the group he had been working for recently, were performing their new song Love Killa that he had helped produce. The crowd loved it. The outfits, the beats, the choreography, it all fit them perfectly.

He sighed. He missed doing that. Being up on stage with his best friends, performing the songs they made together, the crowd screaming, jumping, and dancing along. The nostalgia hit him hard. To be honest, he wasn't in a position to miss anything really. It was his fault that they disbanded. He had failed as a leader putting his own desires above the group's wellbeing. He was lucky the others didn't go to the press. He would've been ruined. Not that they would understand. Nobody could when he didn't understand it himself. The decisions he made would haunt him forever. He had to live with that.

The roars of the crowd snapped him out of his reverie. He really needed to stop doing that. He took out his phone and called Song Mingi, his old bandmate and the only one he kept in contact with.

"Hello?" Mingi answered breathlessly. There was a clamor in the background that sounded like....swords? Where was he?

'None of your business Hongjoong.' He told himself. 'That's how you got here in the first place.

"Hi, Mingi. I was just calling to see if you could make lunch today? I'm free and I miss my best friend."

"Um yeah, I'm free. I can pick you up?"

"Yeah, I'm outside IFC Mall."

"Okay. I'll see you in twenty."

"Bye."

Well, at least he had one friend left. It wasn't all bad. Nothing or no one is entirely bad. He tried to remember that every chance he got. Whether it was to make himself feel better about his shitty choices or about what he let slide or to excuse the situation he got himself into. Well, that's for you to decide.

-pLuto🌍