7

"𝑰𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒎𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒏 𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒖𝒑𝒐𝒏 𝒉𝒊𝒎?"― 𝑨𝒏𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒚 𝑩𝒖𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒔𝒔, 𝑨 𝑪𝒍𝒐𝒄𝒌𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌 𝑶𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆

I was dead. My heart had stopped pumping. Lungs had stopped working. The funny thing was that my senses were the last thing to go. Thinking about who killed me, it was on brand.

I could still feel the warm blood dripping from the single bullet wound in the middle of my forehead. I could hear Yunho sobbing, grieving the loss of a friend. Seongwha was checking on San because well...he wasn't breathing. At the time I thought it was a genuine reaction to the loss of a lover, however swift it was.

I had thought dreamily that, well, that relationship wasn't futile. It was worthwhile on my end at least. Wooyoung was untameable. I knew that but I thought San was a plausible option. How goddamn wrong and naive I was.

Mingi had slipped back on his mask and began panicking. Hongjoong was solemn, silent but not a bit of remorse was seen on his face. Jongho was vomiting and Wooyoung had finally checked back in, it seemed.

At this point, I had no idea who had killed me but I had my suspicions. Hongjoong, Mingi, and Wooyoung being the main ones. I was right...mostly. I never thought he was that kind of person. He'd seemed so sweet. So genuine. But then again, the best lies always have some roots in the truth.

it was silent but then it wasn't. Then, it was everything. It was the first time I had ever really experienced power. The raw power of chaos. It was so wonderfully intense that I went momentarily (debatable because I'm not exactly mentally stable anymore) mad.

The answers to all the questions humans have been ruminating over for millennia. It was absolutely hilarious how far off we really were. Sad if you think about it. Humans could spend their entire existence researching, thinking, arguing about what happened after death. What happened after. And still not even get in the right universe.

It's because humans put themselves in a box they call 'science'. It's helpful of course for the things humans think they've gotten right like gravity, the big bang, the timeline for the creation of life itself. But then they limit themselves. They don't go beyond what they know. They're afraid to dream. Because of this little thing, you see, called manifestation. If you believe something enough and work hard enough for it, it'll happen. For example, jobs, riches, love. Humans are shallow like that. Some humans think they're profound by manifesting, say, understanding of the universe to find out where did we come from. The answer is quite simple really.

Chaos.

Chaos is the beginning and the end of everything. It has the power to beautifully create and utterly destroy. Chaos is the mother of all. The bringer of peace and stability and the harbinger of death and despair. Choosing which role to play at its own leisure like the people's lives it affected was a game. See, people don't understand how powerful thinking, hoping, and dreaming really are.  Take Hongjoong for example.

Everything (and I mean everything. That little shit.) that's happened is because poor little Hongjoong had a dream. He had a dream that he'd be powerful enough to change life as we know it. To reshape reality into a perfect utopian paradise where you could exist simply as you are. No discrimination, racism, xenophobia, transphobia, homophobia, Islamophobia, or whatever the hell humans made up just...peace. A beautiful little aspiration don't you think?

Well, it would be if that was what was fated to happen. Instead, chaos, a real...upstanding fellow really, decided to flip it on its head and give us this psychopath. Revenge is a slippery slope and a broken heart is a very effective catalyst to get your ass snowballing down.

Crazy isn't it?

Sincerely, #8975