1. Presentation

Staring dead at my phone sitting on my working table, I zero in on the four missed calls from my Hawaiian best friend Bailey

Staring dead at my phone sitting on my working table, I zero in on the four missed calls from my Hawaiian best friend Bailey. She's been calling me for hours, reminding me of her daughter Kai's school event. She has a talk show party, where all the kids in her class perform before the whole school in their hall, and they present and talk about a project they each worked on during the weekend.

Kai's presentation, as I'd helped her during the week, was a little volcano, with a red mouth. I painted it myself, and it was filled with orange paint mixed with red. We'd gotten that one from her father's garage. And when she pressed a little button on the body of the volcano, it pushes a rubber inside, the volcano, tipping off the paint all over the body of the volcano.

Genius! I know Grin!. I was always ahead of everyone in my science class, back in high school. Always made high grades, and had rich blondies rolling their eyes at my excellence. All that paid off in my college when I got a scholarship. But here I am, in one of the biggest fashion industries in New York, working as a fashion designer, if I can even call it that.

So many times I've come across popular models, like Gigi Hadid, Bella, Kendal Jenner, and so on. I cleaned off the champaign stain from Gigi's dress once, when she'd mistakenly ruined it. I was happy right? Living my dream job. Yes! Besides me always wanting to be a science guru, I had a thing for fashion and so I majestically worked my way into it.

"Are you going to stare at that phone all day?" Reid, my co-worker calls me out and I snap back to reality. He's wearing a purple shirt, a yellow tie with black polka dots and brown trousers. It creeps me out, the way he dresses to work sometimes, and he works in the fashion industry.

"Nope. It's just my friend calling" I sigh, walking away from the table, with the box of used clothes worn by the models. I'm headed to drop them at the dressing truck.

"I thought I was your only friend" Reid pouts and I narrow my eyes at him. He's not my only friend with that suit and tie. I drop a kiss on his cheek before rushing out, the box in my hand. I dispatch it in the dressing truck that is headed for the theater very soon. My boss, Nikki gives me a weird stare that could narrow me out.

"Bye, Nikki" I mutter and hurry to my car.

My phone pinged with a message from Bailey.

I swear if you don't get here now...Kai is about going on stage you wicked godmother.

I gasp, my hands flying to my chest. I've always known Bailey to be a mean thing but that was harsh. I chuckle setting my car on drive as I reverse out of the parking lot, careful not to knock over the garbage can.

°°°

I spot bailey seated in the crowd. There's an extra seat next to her, and I know she reserved it for me, so I navigate my way there, doing the occasional sorry, excuse me, as I pressed between rows to get there.