3. Stalker, Much

I move around the kitchen in my fancy night robe, a tired look on my face as I set the coffee going

I move around the kitchen in my fancy night robe, a tired look on my face as I set the coffee going. There are so many places I need to be today. The mall included. I've run out of groceries because I barely spent time at home, so couldn't stock up. It's either I'm at Bailey's, or, on a plane to an awesome new country, on my job as a designer.

Beep! Beep!... I set my mug under the machine, collecting little coffee, before I withdrew it, and gulped the whole content down. Strange! I didn't even bother to add milk or sugar to it.

As I walk to my bedroom, I made a mental note to call Bailey that I was coming over later today. But as I step into the bathroom, and my eyes set on the mirror in front of me, I realized I didn't look like a person that wanted to stay home alone till later on, so I grabbed my phone from the rack, and dialed Bail's number.

"Hey love" she cooed.

"Good morning...I wanna come over. Probably after I take my bath" I say.

"Sure thing. I'd need some help with Kai"

"She's not going to school today?" I ask with interest, my arms resting on the sink top. I'm naked and look awkward making this phone call while staring at myself in the mirror.

"No. She's got a one-week break!" Bailey sighed. "There's good news too, but you'd have to get here before I tell you"

"Or I could just call Kai, and she'd tell me" I Sass with a roll of my eyes.

"Stop being bitchy, and shower. Oh- and there's lots of ice cream with berries in the freezer" she informed me before hanging up. I suddenly felt happy as I skipped into the shower stall, allowing hot water to sprinkle all over my skin in the hardest way possible. It just released a whole lot of stress.

°°°

Bailey opens the door for me and I hug her, before handing her the one bag of flour I brought as a peace offering.

"Aww...thanks, you didn't have to do this"

"Stop it with the compliments, or I'll take it back" I threaten. Bailey laughs, shoving my arm. The next thing I know, Kai is running down the stairs of her father's big Mansion, to come to hug me.

"You're here, you're here, you're finally here!' she kept jumping up and down.

"You gave her lots of sugar right?" I ask Bailey while rubbing Kai's hand gently. The little five years old is the warmest kid I've known. She's graceful and funny. Very curious too, but once she's had lots of sugar than she can bear, she becomes a jumpy kangaroo.

"It was her dad. Got her some really sweet stuff last night" Bailey rolled her eyes, and just in time, Colton walks into the sitting room. He smiles when he sees me.

"Good morning Becca" He greets and I wave feebly.

"Morning, Colton"

"How'd you sleep?" He picks up his mug of coffee that Bailey had made.