2. Blind Date

Sitting in my car, I stare at the restaurant

Sitting in my car, I stare at the restaurant. It's not the very expensive one, but it's cool, the tables are out, and it may not be a so wise decision because it's almost winter but it's a pretty sight with all the lamp posts and candles on the table. Makes me remember when I was in Paris about six years ago with Jacob.

I shrug, taking my lip gloss out of my bag, and applying it to my lip. The rearview mirror serves as a good way to check my make-up, and I fix my mascara and eyelid too. My heart's not on this date, but I think I owe this to Reid for trying so much. And maybe, I owe it to myself.

Bailey had set up so many dates for me but I turned them down, she gave up, but Reid didn't.

The waiter which I think is Italian ushers me to a seat and I smile at him, taking up the menu. I immediately put it down when I remember I'm expecting someone.

"You're not ordering now?" He asked.

"No, I'm expecting someone, I'll order then," I say and he nods with a crooked smile before walking away right after he dropped a bottle of Pinot noir.

I quickly take my phone out to call Bailey. I know she won't let me hear the end of it when she hears I'm on a blind date so I prepare myself for the worst and when I hear her squeaky voice, I tense.

"Hey, girl... If you're calling to come over Colton and I would be happy to..."

"I'm not coming over" I sigh, giving myself a facepalm.

"Oh...so you're home? It doesn't sound so quiet right there" Bailey points out, I roll my eyes. Smartass.

"No, I'm not home. I'm on a blind date" I say the last part with a rough voice and then cough after.

"What? Speak up"

"I'm on a blind date!" I sigh and there's silence before she shrieked and I pull the phone away from my ear so I don't go deaf.

"Oh, my world! That's so good. You're finally moving on" she chants.

"No. No, there's no moving on" I sigh, keeping a straight face. "And it's not because of Jacob" I add because I know what she was going to say next.

"Then what is? You're not getting any younger you know" She reminds me like she always does.

"I know, I know ok?, You don't have to tell me that all the time"

"Well someone's got to tell ya" Bailey sasses. I hear Kai making some plate noises in the background, and I'm sure she's sitting on the counter, waiting for her mom to give her some cereals. I won't even ask what Colton is doing.

"I guess you have to go," I say.

"Yes. Mommy duty calls" she said and giggled at her sentence. I smile because I love her so much. "Gotta go bye, and this is not over!" She pronounces the last part with a yell before hanging up.