Chapter 7

In the diner, I sat across Ethan as we talked about the plan, but ended up sidetracking to what we're doing after senior year.

"I think we should put the plan on hold for a while," I spoke suddenly.

"Why?" he asked curiously. "You were so dead set determined on doing it yesterday, one would think you would never give up on it."

I shrugged my shoulders as I took a sip from my smoothie. Ethan just nodded and popped a fry into his mouth. We just ate there in silence before I stuffed all my planning materials into my bag.

"Maybe I'm starting to let go of the past," I mumbled.

__________________

As I walked down the school hallways, I heard whispers of students spreading rumors around. Something about a new girl who was likely to overthrow Danielle's position as the Queen of Canberra High School.

"By the way they are talking about the new girl, she'll be a celebrity by the time she steps into school. She's most likely really pretty." I gushed.

"Maybe," Ethan said.

The whispers grew into wolf whistles. We turned around towards the school main door just as the new girl stepped in. Wow, she's drop dead gorgeous. She's really going to defeat Danielle in the appearance level. Danielle literally looks like puke. That amount of makeup? Someone gag me please.

Ethan's POV

Oh, the new girl should be here. From all the players, I could tell that the girl is obviously really pretty. Maybe I'll need her to get over Ashley. I turned my head around to see the new girl step into school. New girl? Top of the beauty charts. Danielle? Hmmm, I'm gonna admit. She'll be around the top one quarter of the charts.

Wait a minute. I squinted my eyes at the new girl. No, it's not that I need glasses. My eyes are perfectly fine. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. It can't be. It can't be. The new girl the can't be Cass. It can't be. My eyes must be playing tricks on me. She can't be Cass. I rubbed my eyes, hoping that this was just a dream. When I opened them, all I saw was the new girl walking towards me. My knees buckled and I fell. I heard Ashley's scream before darkness consumed me.

My eyes fluttered open and I was greeted by the sight of glaring white lights. "Ethan? Are you awake?" I heard Ashley speak.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine," I replied, shaking my head. I had to get out of here as soon as possible.

"C'mon Ash, we gotta get to class," I said as I nudged her elbow. She gave me this weird, suspicious look before giving in.

"You know, you shouldn't actually go to class in your state right now."

"What state am I, then?"

"Look at yourself." I turned to the mirror beside me and checked my face. Only minor cuts. I sighed with relief. I lifted the blanket and gasped.

"Wow. My fall..." I'm speechless. How could one fall cause such serious injuries? "Are you sure all these...things...are caused by just one fall? Why isn't it painful? It seems suspicious."

"Yep. It was one hard fall. The nurses gave you painkillers while you were asleep." I could see see her trying to keep her laughter in. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Are you sure?" I asked her again. She nodded her head. I pushed the blanket off me and let my feet dangle in the air before stepping down and walking around.

"See? I can walk normally." I smirked at her.

"No you can't. You're limping." Liar liar pants on fire.