Permanent Ink

I woke up with the early morning sun beaming through the windows. I got out of bed sluggishly and made my way to my kitchen to make some tea. I sat on the couch and decided to watch 'skins Uk' as I was predicting it was going to be a lazy day. Until I heard my phone ring.

"Mm hello?" I said in a tired voice

"Odette I just wanted to see if Yer up, are ye feeling alright?" A thick voice ran through the speaker.

"Yeah, uhm I'm fine I just really need some food right now." I said rubbing my index and thumb against the bridge of my nose.

"Don't eat. I'll be right there" and with that the call had ended. I smiled to myself thinking what he's doing now.

About 15 minutes later Alex had shown up to my house with two bags of Taco Bell

"Al you are my literal savior" I said practically jumping into his arms.

We both sat around my table taking the food out "god al you're a lifesaver you don't know how bad my hangover needed this."

"Well, ye won't be saying that in a minute." He stops and looks at me with serious eyes.

"Wait wait wait.. why?" I ask concerned.

We walked out of the house full of energy now that I had been fed and got to take a hot shower.

"Alex, I cannot believe you actually made us tattoo appointments. Did You even know how cross faded I was and plus I probably didn't mean anything I said." I said trying to persuade him to leave me out of this.

"Oh no they say drunken words are sober thoughts. Odette Yer doing it, now ye better find out what ye want soon. But ye do have a little bit of time because Matt wanted to tag along whilst Brea had a shoot to do." He said as we got into his car.

I looked down at my doc martens and decided to pull out my phone to see if I have something saved in my camera role from when I was younger, I was about to get a tattoo but backed out when I saw the needle. This time I had no choice. I pull up a photo I found of a drawing I had created when I was 16 that my dad had helped me shade in.

"Al, I found the one I'm doing, I designed it with my dad when I was 16." I showed him the photo and his eyes widened

"Odette that really is a beauty. That's going to look incredible" he said looking back to the road.

Once we got to Brea's flat where Matt had been staying, he came out with two mini bottle shots of tequila.

"Yer both going to need it for the pain trust me, I've seen a guy pass out before."

"NOT helping Matt.." Alex said while looking at me.

"Oh god Matt I think I'll need about 6 alone. Mines big" I said showing him the photo of my drawing.

"Odette that looks amazing wow, where do Ya think Yer getting it?" He asked giving back my phone.

"I'm thinking upper arm wrapped around my shoulder. I heard that doesn't hurt as bad, but everyone has different pain tolerance"

As we got into the tattoo parlor, everyone seemed welcoming.

"Hey man how are ye?" Alex asked the man standing in-front of us who looked like he seemed to know what he was doing.

"Good, what's up! you guys can call me Benny, I'm going to be your artist today. So, what were you guys thinking? If you want, you can look through our books see if you like any of the designs?" The man said behind the counter.

"Ah thanks man, I think we both know what we're getting right Odette?" Alex asked looking at me before I gave him a slight nod, too scared to speak because my nerves had taken over my body.