Chapter 10: The meeting.

Ruby walked down the hallway in the hospital, fully dressed in her white attire and yellow pants as before. She could hear her squealing sister from a few hallways away; she was tired of her noisy twin for the moment and had decided to get some fresh air by leaving their assigned room.

Back in the room, it showed Rui snuggling the poor thing with a gleeful smile and closed eyes. Illumi stood there with his head slightly tilted to the side, this was her true side even though she hid her cold demeanor from Ruby, she was expressing her true emotions in front of him by that moth; She claimed she lost all her innocence back in the facility long ago before Ruby had even noticed but he doubts that, considering how she's acting as of now.

"Rui... My family wishes to meet you," He moved his head back after realizing that he was gazing at her too long. He turned and was about to leave the room until he felt pressure push against his back, making him stop mid-pace.

"Arigato... Gosaimasu..."Rui had her head buried into Illumi's back, her arms were still wrapped around her new pet but her body was shaking for some strange reason.

"I had a feeling you'd like your gift, Rui..." He hadn't stirred out of his position nor turned his head to take a glance at her, he simply stood still and waited for her to get off.

"No... That's not the only reason why I'm thanking you..." Rui's mutter seemed watered as if she was trying not to cry. She tucked her wings down her back to be out of the way and a small tear streamed down her cheek. "I am also thanking you... For not judging me by my looks... You and Hisoka are the only ones that haven't...looked down on us as if we were a disgrace to mankind..." Her breath got caught by forcing herself to try and stay calm, while still having her face against Illumi's backside. "W-we... Were made fun of so much... No one liked us cause of how we looked... In the facility, everyone would keep their distance from us as if we were...monsters..." At that, Illumi turned to face her and saw her look up to meet his gaze with streaming tears slightly falling from narrowed eyes; her pet had calmed down and was fast asleep in her arms.

"My family and I are rather abnormal, to begin with, and as for Hisoka... He is just strange all around... So, of course, we wouldn't look down on you two. You both are different but difference surely does not bother Hisoka and I," Suddenly he got tackled to the ground by a crying Rui, pure relief washed over her during that moment. Was it something I said...? He questioned in his head as he blinked confusedly.

~An hour later~

Ruby walked into the room that she had left an hour ago, Rui was playing with her pet while Illumi sat in a nearby chair not too far from her bed. Ruby's usual stern face was present but there was a small sign of hope in her eyes, more life to them. Ever since Rui had told her about what Hisoka had said when she was still asleep had put more light in her eyes. Soren, the white hawk, flocked his way over to Ruby and landed on her forearm after she held it up. "Hey, Soren." Greeted the hawk woman with a faint smile.

"Nee-chaaaaan!" Rui shouted to her then ran and hugged her twin around the waist, giggles slipping from her lips. "O-Haiyo, Ruuuuby-chan!-" Rui cheered then let go with her eyes closed.

"Ohaiyo-..." Ruby looked to her side and noticed Illumi in a chair looking out the window.