Chapter 3: the one with the misunderstanding

- Media -
Artist: Avril Lavigne
Song: Girlfriend
________________________

For Wattpaders who skipped
Chapter 2 because of the explicit content: Dylan and Annabelle are inside Dylan's apartment. They have a moment of passion and Dylan reveals he has feelings for someone named "Connie" in the midst of his climax.
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Annabelle's P.O.V.
------------------------------------

I woke up to Italian neighbours arguing incessantly. Dylan was still fast asleep since he was used to the bickering chaos. I heard the thrashing of kitchen plates being thrown against the wooden floor and glass breaking, quickly followed. This was evidently none of my business. Yet, I could not help but wonder what could be the cause of such a ruckus.

I focussed my gaze on Dylan's pendulum clock which stood beside Dylan's desk. The pendulum clock was on the left side of the fireplace. It was 10:05 am, but I knew better than to take a step further and sneakily get out of bed. Dylan had a way of pinning down everything that moved. Yes, you heard it right: Everything. If you think he is sound asleep, think again. His sleeping never stopped him before from catching the geeky kid in our 6th grade class, who used to stick one big fat marshmallow on our foreheads at camp Starbucks -- not to be mistaken for the now-popular coffee brand worldwide.

Dylan held me close. His right arm was lazily sleeping on my abdomen, possessively. I tilted my chin up towards the ceiling and let out a loud sigh. Dylan fisted the white sheets on the left side of my body, closing the distance completely. His body felt warm and safe. His breathing was soft but irregular. Should I wake him? His heartbeat is rising more and more, and I can feel the muscle tissues underneath his 6-pack abs convulsing, incessantly. He seems to be in pain. He is not having a nightmare, is he? Oh my, please God don't tell me he is having a nightmare. I wouldn't know what to do. Would he even let me care for him? I would like that very much, in all honesty. To care for him.

His cold attitude in the face of emotions has always startled me. No one has ever gotten through to that icy exterior, none that I know of, that is.

Dylan relaxed suddenly. His forehead now beaded with sweat. His hand trembled and I pulled my right arm from his hug and threaded my fingers in his lush dark brown messy, but sexy hair. He looked amazing. He was amazing. Yesterday, was beyond words.

I still feel stupid for what happened, but hurt feelings aside, it had to be done. Maxwell warned me that getting into bed with a stranger was not going to be that easy, specially if the man might be a trained criminal.

Dylan was no stranger, though. He was Dyl; the guy I stood in the rain for, waiting for my Graduation date to show up ever so fashionably late; the guy I had been secretly crushing on all through middle school until he took Tiffany Winslet's hand for the Grade 9 Semi-Formal dance and split my heart into a million shards; he was the one person who my heart would beat fast when he'd take the seat beside me on the bus for the ride home; the fact that he was my next door neighbour up until University did not make it any easier to deal with, and get used to the idea of him only ever being my neighbour in our relationship.

Dylan makes me go completely insane. I cannot think straight, I cannot breathe right and I cannot even walk properly without missing a step or tripping on a rug. Yesterday, only proved that theory further when he kept me close and held onto my every limb. I swear if it hadn't been for his strong hold, my legs had long given way from the moment he crashed his lips against mine while I had still been deeply tangled in his white drenched curtains. I am such a clutz in his presence. It is so embarrassing.

Dylan sat up, brushing against me and settled his head on the bed-board stand. I joined him in a sit-up position and rested my head on his left shoulder. His right arm was still at my abdomen. Dylan blinked himself awake and stared into the now extinguished flames of the fireplace. The candles were both burned out as well. He smelled of sex and sweat, my kind of aphrodisiac. It took so much self restraint to not pull him into an embrace and go for Round 2. Dylan's right hand left my stomach and he asked, "What are you thinking of, Anna?" Dylan brushed my hair away from my face with his right hand. He turned his head to look down at me and make eye contact while he continued, "How do you feel? It's okay, you can tell me. Whatever it is, I deserve it."

I shook my head and tried to be as pleasant as possible. It was not his fault. I was perhaps a little too forward. I was too focussed on the mission. A mission that may just cost me my life, but I was determined to get to the bottom of this. I was hoping it did not have to get ugly, but at the rate that I am going.. I am screwing things up way worse than they already are. 'Sleeping with the enemy' just got a whole new meaning.

I secretly wished it had been a mistake, that he was not the man we were looking for. Yet, I guess this is how these perverted men operate in the lines of Human Trafficking. They kidnap innocent lives and ship them up to other countries under the rug. Disgusting! Absolutely inhumane!

"Anna, I know I should have told you long before, but it's too painful. I need you to understand. Me and... Connie." Dylan let the words fade away after that. He leaned back and exhaled loudly into a sigh. I pated his legs under the covers and told him that he needn't to explain if he does not want to. Dylan pulled me close and kissed my temple. I wriggled in his hold as his arousal became more apparent under the covers. It made me smile. He was so male.

20 minutes passed..

We both lunged out of bed and searched for our underwear, scattered all across his cherry wooden floor at the foot of the bed. We bumped into each other a few times and giggled at each other's blatant ungracefulness. He took the lead and guided me to the kitchen area where he opened the fridge and offered me a beer. I nodded and chugged it down my throat so fast until it burned. He watched me in awe as I nonchalantly feign ignorance. Dylan says, "want some fries with that?"

I blink twice. "Fries? Fries?" I say dumbfounded.

"Ya those rectangular potato thingy. You know." Dylan says in a matter-of-fact tone and waves his hand in a business type fashion.

I just glare at him, letting him know that I am not amused by this.

Dylan explodes into laughter. "Anna, ain't you a fries kinda girl?" Dylan opens up his freezer from those older model refrigerators where the freezer is located at the top and takes out a pack of frozen fries and frozen peas. "What would it be? Veggie or veggie?" Dylan weighed both frozen food pack items in his hands, looked at me and wriggled his eyebrows.

I tap my feet once and before he utters the next word, I take 2 steps in his direction and snatch the frozen fries from his hands and I tell him to, "go shower. I will take care of everything". His, umm arousal was still bulging against his pants again and I didn't know if we'd both ever get out of his apartment, for a week this time, if he didn't go jerk off right now in one of em cold showers that dudes usually get. That's it. I know way too much about men for my own good. Sometimes, it's just weird. I feel like I am reading their minds and it turns me on even more. Dylan purses his lips and then retreats. He makes it his duty to turn back halfway to the door and wink at me while slapping his left butt cheek. Omg, he did remember! I turn red instantly.

-----------------------------------------

Please vote if you liked the chapter, the characters, or other.

Do leave a comment, if you wish to get some clarifications.

-----------------------------------------

To summarize so far..

Chapter 1: Natalia Westchester is being held captive by some Russian mob and has zero clue as to why. Her lead kidnapper, Svechnikov seems like a complex character. Him and his brother evidently have a purpose for the kidnapping.. Find out what that purpose is by keeping yourself updated on all the latest chapters!

Chapter 2: Natalia's younger sister by two years, named Annabelle Westchester gets into bed with Dylan Cross. It is revealed that Dylan is still madly in love with an ex named 'Connie'

Chapter 3: Every one-night stand's fated awkward morning. Not so seemingly graceful, yet oddly warm, friendly, sincere, and playful. We learn that Anna and Dylan have known each other for a very very long time. They have attended the same elementary school at one point in their lives and happened to be in the same grade 6.