Chapter 7: Past Mistakes

I woke up with Lace sitting on the bed, just reading a book.

I noticed that I was on the floor, and I was banned from the room, basically because I was "Not telling the truth" and that's why.

I would have a plan of "tricking her", but now at this point she is immune to them.

"Could you make lunch, Eric?" Whoa, never heard her talk to me like that. She must be really mad at me.

Of course, gotta fix that.

I walked in the room, coming closer to her until we were close enough to kiss right there and then.

"Why are you so mad, Lace? Is it perhaps...I left you here shivering for my safety, and more afraid I would...cheat on you? Why do that when I can have you everyday as my breakfast, lunch and dinner?"

"Not now, Eric."

Fuck she knew I was going to tease her.

"Ok then."

We didn't do much of today. We both never spoke to each other, we never did anything.

I know I wasn't lying about what I was doing the morning before, but she thinks I'm sketchy, and was out with someone. Or doing something.

I should just say it again.

"You were gonna fall in the ocean, with no way out. Were you going to commit suicide?"

"Can we talk, Lace? I don't want this awkward day going on and on."

For a second there, I didn't hear anything. Damn, I really did mess up then, I thought, Guess I'm not going out for jogs anymore.

She came out of the bedroom and sat on the farthest away from me on the couch.

"What?"

"Lace I'm telling you the truth. I went to take a jog, and... I tried to commit...."

She didn't speak at all, just straight up silence.

I didn't say the rest because I couldn't say it. The word.

"You were going to commit suicide, weren't you?"

I didn't speak, because I was afraid of her response.

She got up, and walked to where I was standing, right in front of me.

"Do you not think I care for you, Eric? Don't you see? I wanted to run away from that damn bullshit of a town for us, us to have a new beginning and end it the way we want it to."

"But-"

She again sits on my lap, facing me.

"Not in my beginning I see you dying in the ocean. I see us a place where we won't be bothered, where we can maybe even make a family-

I don't want to do that with anyone else. Your-you're the one person I need and want to do a life with, no matter if we are married or not. Just stick with me," She said. I felt like there were other things she could have said, but no-she said those, and this is why I love her.

"Please, don't kill yourself," she said quietly.

I got her head to look at me, those beautiful hazel eyes of hers laying it's attention on me.

"I can't promise you I will achieve it, but I'll try for you,"

She smiled weakly, and leaned for a little kiss. We kissed for a little and then we went to bed, hand and hand.

Today was a Friday, which meant that I had to go get groceries for today. Lace was sleeping when I woke up, so I decided to this time leave a note saying that I"m going to the grocery store, and I'll be right back.