Family Comes In Many Different Forms

for·give·ness   [noun]
the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven.

Hawks flew over to Tartarus, and landed in front of the building.

"Hello? Is anybody here?" He inhaled and exhaled. "H-Hello?"

He pushed open the door and immediately shut it. There were dead bodies all around. Dead guards and you were too late to save them, too late help them and they lost their lives-

'Focus. You can still save the people who are left.' 

Hawks opened the door and crept through the hallways. He gently took a key from one of the guards and headed to the Prisoner Cells.

He stepped into the hall and was heading down when he heard a muffled shout. He turned and saw the League of Villains member, Mustard waving and banging on the glass. Hawks walked over and opened the cell, and Mustard stumbled out. He was skinny and his hair was longer.

"A-All For One." He choked out.

"All for One? All for One's dead. Kyudai Garaki- er Grandpa killed him."

"Grandpa?"

"I didn't know until like 30 minutes ago dude, I'm just about as confused as you are."

The kid gasped in Hawks's arm and smiled. "Is it over? Are you here to help us? I-I was scared. That we were gonna be locked in here forever. We didn't get Lunch or Breakfast and All For One left us all h-here to die."

"It's over kid. All For One is gone. I'll help you all don't worry."

Hawks could feel his heart breaking. This was just a kid. A middle schooler by the looks of it. His heart was beating wildly and the skinny thing was quaking out of fear of death. No kid should be worrying about that. Hawks's bird instincts grabbed hold of him.

"Thank you.." The kid passed out in his arms. Hawks picked him up and carried him, clutching the kid close. This was his kid now. His chicklet. 'I'll protect you kid. Don't worry about a thing.'

He continued on his way through Tartarus, and unlocked the door for an armless guy.

"Who are you?"

"Kai.. Kai Chisaki." Hawks stopped and stared him down. He had heard of Chisaki from the news. The man was pitiful and not as scary now. "If you try and lay a hand on that little girl, so help me I'll tear you apart myself. Oh wait."

Kai gave him a weak glare. "I get it. No need to rub it in."

"Just making sure."

They stopped at a bald guy's cell. He was trying to eat his restraints. Hawks went to open the door but Kai stopped him.

"Just a warning, he eats human flesh."

"Oh. Thanks." Hawks opened the door and the man turned his way. "Hi."

"He-llo." The man stared at him in a mildly creepy way.

"So uh listen, I'm here to let you out. Not rampage in the town type way. The town's empty. Evacuated. No flesh at at except the remaining students at Yuuei. You are not allowed to eat us or them at all got it?"

"Ok-ay. But I'm hun-gry."

"Uh.. there are.." Hawks was silent "There are bodies.. lots of them. You- you can eat those if you'd like."

"Ok-ay." 

Hawks unlocked the man's restraints and the man followed him. The parade continued, as they let a short haired woman out and a big scary-looking, one-eyed blonde guy.

Then they stopped at Stain's cell. The man blinked and looked up.

"Hey sensei."

The prisoners froze. Stain looked up, shocked.

"You remember?"

"Yeah, I do now.. I'm sorry I didn't visit." Hawks unlocked the cell. "When you were out of jail or in jail." He unlocked the restraints on Stain. "I didn't remember until I was 15 and I didn't know if you want me arou-"

Hawks was muffled by the taller man hugging him.

"The past is the past, and it can never be changed. I'm just glad you remember me."

Hawks smiled and they stayed like that for a second.

"Your dad.. Your dad's in the next cell."

Hawks swallowed nervously. "Really?"

"He's not a terrible guy. I'm sure he'll love you."

"...Okay."

The group went to the next cell, and Hawks blinked. In there was a man. A redhaired man. He was chained up and Hawks could see a scar across the bridge of his nose. His pupils were thin, giving him a feral look and his hands were clawed.

Hawks unlocked the cell door and handed the sleeping Mustard to Stain before creeping inside the cell. The man didn't move a muscle.

"Hi. H-Hello."

The man looked down at Hawks.

"Heyo. You don't look much like a guard y'know."

"I'm not a guard. I'm.. I'm Keigo."

"Keigo?" The man sat up and stared at him.

"Takami. Keigo Takami." Hawks- Keigo looked up at him and gave him a weak smile.

The man stared at him and a smile slowly crossed his lips.

"I see it now. You looked a lot different as a baby."

Keigo teared up and nodded, unlocking the prisoners. "I- I'd like to think that I've grown a bit since then."

Takami smiled and threw his arms around Keigo. The boy gripped on his dad and could feel himself breaking yet again.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"There's nothing for you to be sorry about kid. I should be apologizing. I was so mad at my own dad for abandoning me but I.. I did the same thing. I was rotting in jail and I missed you growing up. But, I'm proud of you. You achieved the mentally impossible."

"The mentally impossible?"

"Nobody in our line of family has been a hero. We gave up on it long ago. It was mentally impossible. But you did it. I don't know how but you did it and I'm so proud of you."

Keigo let out a sob. Not many people told him they were proud of him.

Takami walked out of the cell with Keigo, the latter holding onto his arm like a kid. Before the group left for the surface, Takami turned to Stain and mouthed the words.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome Hunter."

~~~

I'M SO SORRY FOR BEING GONE SO LONG. I HAD SOME STUFF GOING ON, LIKE TURNS OUT MY MOM ISNT MY MOM??? I REALLY NEEDED A BREAK BUT I'M BACK AND READY TO DELIVER :D

ALSO CANON GREAT THIEF TAKAMI CAN DIE FOR ALL I CARE. HE DOESNT EXIST HERE. HE DOES NOT E X I S T IN THIS CHATFIC AND NEVER WILL. HAWKS DESERVES THE WORLD NOT THAT WEIRD LOOKING FUCK-UP OF A FATHER.