More Than This- Chapter 14

You walked in and thought that you were going to puke you were so nervous.

"Sit." Harry said, his voice completely monotone. He was sitting at the table with his phone placed directly in front of him. You knew arguing was pointless so you sat directly in front of him and said nothing. The silence was ripping you apart.

"Harry." you started but he waved you off.

"Molly, I thought I was clear when I said you were to be with me past 9 every night. What you did was in direct defiance of my rules." he sounded so much like the parent you never had. You were pretty much allowed to do whatever you wanted growing up. You nodded as another wave of nausea passed over you.

"I know and I am sorry." you wanted to tell him more, everything. You wanted to tell him about how boring life was, and how Liam reminded you of your best friend that was gone now, and how you longed for all of your secrets to be spilled, not having to carry the weight any longer. But like normal, something held you back. Something that had always stood in your way, and you knew always would. 

"Molly, you don't understand how much you mean to me. I keep telling you but you honestly don't get it." he said softening up and actually showing some emotion. "My life without you is pointless and I need you safe." he put extra emphasis on need. You knew what was coming next, new restrictions. You longed to reach out and touch is face, brush his curls across his wrinkled strewn face, and rub away the dark circles that had so stubbornly placed themselves under his eyes. Once again you refrained and stared at his face. The silence lingered.

"Aren't you giving me new rules?" you asked honestly curious.

"We will talk it over in the morning." he got up and locked the door. On his way back he pulled you up out of your chair and into his bone-crushing hugs. You lay your head on his chest. You looked up into his face seeing the worry and hurt there.

"I cause you pain." you said without thinking, yet strangely you didn't regret it.

"No Molly don't say that." he said struggling for words.

"I make you worry and put more rules on me which makes me sad. It hurts you when I'm sad." you said realizing this for the first time.

"Molly don't-"

"I hurt you everyday." you brain was racing with this new information.

"Molly stop." he said with authority. You snapped your neck to look up at his face. "I do this to myself." he said. His words indicated that this conversation was over. He scooped you up in his arms and carried you into your bedroom. You were to depressed to fight him. He lay you down then lay next to you with his arm draped over your side; his way of making sure you stayed with him all night. It was subtle, but clear. It was awhile before you fell asleep. You couldn't get the thoughts of you hurting Harry out of your head. Maybe he was better off without you. It was better for him and for you. You could feel you heart moaning in protest. You would decide another time, not now when you were sleep deprived and confused. You woke up to more noise than usual. You walked out into quite a scene. Tony and Justin were there along with Harry and Zayn. They were all talking and laughing. The mood was very different from last night, completely opposite.

"Morning love." Harry called getting up to greet you.

"Hey babe. Hi Zayn, Tony, Justin." you called smiling.

"Long time no see." Justin said laughing.

"Yeah I missed you guys and your intimidating muscles." you said smiling.

"Well-" Tony started but Harry quickly cut him off.

"How about breakfast?"

"Sure. What is chef Styles cooking?" you asked.