10 | Blossoming Friendship

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Today marks the first day of December. Winter was right around the corner allowing the days to become chillier and the sky to turn grey with clouds and block out the sun's rays. Today had been windier than expected. The wind that swept through campus sent a chill down your spine and seemed to seep through your fall themed clothing. A black beanie with a sad face sewn on, baggy yellow plaid pants stuffed into some black boots and a black turtleneck long sleeved sweater that cuts off right above your belt line. Secured tightly to your side was your satchel that was decorated with pins and held your precious laptop. A light breeze swept through the university and blew through the trees causing the last few leaves to dance in the wind. Yellow, orange, and red leaves flew in the wind swirling together before landing softly on the ground only to be raked away and put into neat piles. There were piles of leaves all over the university.

Coincidentally, one very tiny yellow leaf seemed to land perfectly on top of your nose before falling when you sneezed at the light tickle it gave you. The leaf then landed on the flyers you were carrying in your arms landing next to the word "SHOWCASE" written in bright red bold lettering. As the seconds rolled by, more leaves seemed to pile on top of you as the wind picked up. It was almost as if the day wanted to decorate you with the sunset colored leaves, especially your hair that you let down today which must be tangled with leaves by now.

With a huff, you blew the leaves off the flyers and stuck one onto the bulletin board with a stapler, making sure it won't fly away in the wind. You placed a flyer on each side of the board, right in the middle, so that passing students will be able to see it no matter which side they are on. After that was placed, you move on to the next bulletin board. As you walked away, people began to gather around the flyer and take photos to look at later.

When you got to the next board you started putting up another flyer. The stack of papers were held tightly in your arms to prevent them from flying away but they almost flew away in the wind when Fred, in his lizard mascot costume, popped around the corner yelling 'Boo' and scared you. With quick reflexes, you let out a shout before slapping the head piece, causing the mouth to fly open revealing a wide-eyed Fred. Luckily all you slapped was the costume itself and not Fred but he was still surprised before returning to his chill attitude and lazy smile.

"Hey what's up?" he smiled lazily.

"Fred! Don't scare me!" you glared at him menacingly as you stapled a flyer to the board with aggression but Fred didn't seem to be affected by your behavior at all.

"Sorry dude. So what are ya up to?" he said, quickly moving on. You sighed, shaking your head already used to his laid back attitude by now. Against all odds, his attitude combined with yours seemed to make the two of you good friends.

"I'm just hanging these flyers around school. Professor Callaghan asked me to. It's for a showcase he's hosting." you explained, finishing putting the flyer up before heading to the other side of the bulletin to hang another.