3 | SFIT Showcase

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

The website clearly states that all participants must check in two hours, with their invention, before the exhibition begins. Each participant is given a number upon registration correlating to the order they are to present their inventions to the board and principal of the institute. The participants are then shown where they are to place their inventions and are given free time to roam around the institute before the event starts. The annual exhibition starts at 6:00 PM.

It's 5:37 PM.

"Damien, push harder!" you grunted in a strained voice.

"I'm pushing as hard as I can." Damien huffed back.

Currently you and your brother were pushing your enormous project down the sidewalk of San Fransokyo to the exhibition. Many things had gone wrong the past 24 hours.

It first started when you were reciting your speech to your brother for practice. After you had gone through your practice speech, you entered your machine and did a demonstration. During your demo you noticed that your giant machine's battery drains rather quickly so you continued your practice run while your machine was plugged in. Unfortunately, using the machine while it's plugged in caused a power outage to occur. It took an hour of running around the warehouse with glow sticks to try to put the power back on but ended in the both of you finding the backup generator. During the blackout you failed to shut down your machine resulting in it having very low battery. The thing would need to charge all night long for it to be fully recharged. You both decided to go to bed early to get some rest and to avoid using any electronic devices that could hinder your project from being charged.

The next day went by as usual and normal. However, you didn't realize until later that day that the blackout had caused all your alarm clocks to be an hour late. You were just patiently waiting in your seat, sipping some tea, waiting for the time to come to load your machine onto a truck that was supposed to arrive any minute. It wasn't until your phone alarm went off when you went into panic mode. You set the timer to go off 30 minutes before the event starts so you could be back at the showcase in time to see the other inventions. Spitting out your tea in surprise, you rushed to Damien and screamed in his ear that you two were late.

The next tragic and unfortunate incident that occurred was when you received a text from the man telling you that his truck broke down on the freeway and he wouldn't be able to be there in time. Luckily Damien came up with the idea of putting your giant robot on wheels and pushing it all the way to the university. He pulled out the metal trolley you used to gather the parts from the junkyard and set it up. You hopped onto your machine and stepped onto the platform. Unfortunately, yet again, because of the power outage you couldn't use your machine to walk there. You had to save as much battery as possible for the showcase so the two of you had to push. You covered your project with a tarp and headed on your way which led to your next mishap.