11

Y/N knew it was over for her then and there. She had been chatting with Shouta, they had barely said anything to each other, but here she was. Shouta's mother. And she looked like she was absolutely furious. Y/N was scared to death and she knew that she could be lucky if she didn't get fired.

But even Shouta looked scared of her. Y/N mentally took a note of that - it was strange that he seemed to be so afraid of her seeing them together. Maybe he was aware that she was a terrible person, after all. Or maybe he had managed to do something and was trying to blame it on her. Typical rich boy.

"Shouta? What are you doing out here?" his mother hissed. Y/N wasn't even sure if she had noticed her yet or not, but... well, she was stepping out into the hallway now and there was no way she'd overlook her. This was it. She was going to get fired - if she was lucky. Some kids were scared of demons under their bed, Y/N was scared of Mrs Aizawa at literally any time.

"I was just having a chat with Y/N." Shouta said, making Y/N want to die. Maybe it was fine for him to say something like that, but it definitely was not okay for Y/N to take off 5 minutes to chat with him. Maybe it would be glossed over if it was her talking to someone else that was staff. But not when it was Shouta.

"Who's Y/N? I wasn't aware you were bringing a friend from school over. And how funny that she has the same name as our cleaner." Mrs Aizawa sneered. She had made it sufficiently clear that she knew exactly who Y/N was and she wasn't even considering his son spending time with someone like her. Y/N knew all this and she was perfectly aware of this, but it seemed like Shouta wasn't.

"No, I am talking to Y/N. She works for us." he replied. Y/N was slowly inching backwards, hoping she might be able to get away from that woman's rage if she just wasn't there, but it seemed like Shouta was having none of that. He grabbed her wrist to keep her there. What the actual hell was he doing?

"Oh. What did she do? Did she mess something up?" Mrs Aizawa asked. Y/N could feel herself getting angrier. What was she thinking? Who gave her the fucking right to be so rude?

"I'm right here, you know..." she muttered. All she got from Mrs Aizawa was a stern look, before she continued to ignore her.

"So? What happened? I couldn't think of any other reason you'd have to have a chat with someone like her." she asked with a scoff. Y/N gulped and looked back at Shouta who was frowning at her. Damn it. Of course he didn't know what he was doing. He'd manage to get her fired from this place and they'd be unable to pay all the bills for months. And this month money already was tight for the electricity bill...

"It's none of your business and I can talk to whoever I want to talk." Shouta replied. Mrs Aizawa glanced at him, before her gaze shifted to Y/N. Y/N didn't like feeling small and inferior to anyone, but Mrs Aizawa had a way to make people shrink under her eyes and Y/N hated it. She hated it so much, but she could already feel her confidence crumbling into tiny pieces.

"Shouta, go back to the living room." she just said, her eyes still fixed on Y/N, who used that moment to take a deep breath. She'd have to try and calm herself down now, so she wouldn't lose it.

"Are you going to be okay, Y/N?" Shouta asked her. She wanted to look at him and give him a reassuring smile, but she was way too scared not to hold Mrs Aizawa's gaze. And she didn't think she'd actually have it in her to look anywhere near reassuring. She just didn't really feel like she still had the capacity to be confident.

"Shouta. Now." she just said. Y/N felt him let go of her hand and she didn't think it would make such a difference, but being all alone in this was a million times more terrifying. She heard Shouta's footsteps echo in the hallway and then the door to the living room was closed and she was all on her own with Mrs Aizawa. And Y/N was terrified, there was no denying it.