Chapter Twenty

"So much for an easy escape..." Locus sighed, watching as both Red and Blue grunts patrolled or focussed on repairing the ship in the center of the room. He knew they were bound to have been somewhere as the hallways were all too easy, but to have them all in the single room they had needed for an escape? That was just their luck.

Felix on the other hand, tuned out everyone as he made sure to stay out of Locus's way. He had been ignoring him the whole time ever since he had gotten back from wherever he disappeared to, and for once Felix wasn't going to push him any further. When this was all done, he was probably going to get an earful anyway, so he was just going to save himself some skin until then.

He could hear the others talking, but he just couldn't find it in himself to care. He just wanted to get back on the ship and get the hell out of here. All he wanted to do was help, but since that wasn't even welcomed apparently, he just wanted to lay down in bed and sleep.

Sadly, even his silent solitude couldn't even last long as Tucker run off to attack the grunts.

"Idiot!"

And that's when everyone had begun firing. Well, except Felix and Wash, the two who probably needed to stay out of it the most.

"Locus, shoot him already!"

"I have no shot. Repositioning."

Felix glanced over to where Wash was sitting. Well, where he had used to be sitting. He peeked his head out, and his eyes had widened. The idiot decided to walk out into the open fire.

"Wash? Wash. Wash!"

Was no one going to go grab him? They were just letting him walk over? Fucking-

Felix stood and rushed over to Washington as Tucker yelled at the both of them to get down, grabbing the other's wrist to pull him back. Wash had stopped walking, turning to look at Felix before looking over to Tucker.

"Oh, hey T-"

Two shots then rang out. Wash had collapsed to the floor, his wrist falling from Felix's hand. Something else had felt wrong though, but he couldn't put a finger on it.

"Wash!"

"NO!"

Felix shut his eyes tightly, gulping. He was right there, he had him, how had he fucked that up? There was blood on his hand, where it had splattered from the bullet now in Washington's neck. How did he fuck that up?

"This...isn't good."

"Do something! Someone!"

"A'rynasea! Come! Quickly!"

Locus...A part of him wanted to go back home, back to Rue and his family, back to the chickens he had cared for. If he stayed there, none of this would have happened, right? Or if he had just paid attention to Wash, he would've never gotten up in the first place.

"The enemy has a head start. If you plan on stopping them, your men are going to need you. Now help me get him on the ship!"

Before he even knew it, Locus and Washington were gone. Locus left him there with the rest of the troopers.

Did he even plan on coming back?

---

After Tucker knocked Temple out...

"Did somebody call for backup?"

Felix looked up after the ship had landed and a new voice had spoken. It was another set of soldiers he recognized from the videos. Who knew he'd end up running into all of them again?

Grunting, he stood from his seat away from everyone else, his hand tightly covering something on his stomach. He didn't want to be outside any longer, especially around them. He just...wanted to be alone for now.