Ch.12

I opened the front door, and immediately got pulled into a hug. Not even giving me the chance to close the door behind me.

"Thank the gods above, where have you been?" Luigi asked, holding my shoulders. "I told you. I stayed with a friend. Sorry for not telling you..." I answered, shaking his hands off. The lingering feeling from earlier, in the forest, still haunting me.

"Dinner's ready, try to eat something" he said, letting me inside the house. "Thanks" I answered, taking my boots off, and walking into the small kitchen. I grabbed a bowl of the chicken soup, and went upstairs to my room. I sat down by my desk to eat the soup, while trying my best to press away the hurricane in my head.

My door opened, and I looked over to see Luigi. "I'll be away for a couple nights, from tomorrow. Mario is missing, and I'm going to search through that mansion. I'm sure you'll be alright alone for a while" he stated. "Uh... yeah" I answered. "Just letting you know" he answered back, closing my door as he left.

Shit! He's going to the mansion? I should go back and warn them! No... I can't! I'm supposed to stay here!

I rubbed my eyes red, fighting back the tears.

I'm a horrible person.

No! I'm not! Kingy said there's nothing wrong with me!

How could I do that? To my own family?!

I haven't done anything wrong! We just don't get along!

Reject them like that?! Luigi is my dad for hells sake!

I know! But...

I'm a terrible person. A backstabber!

I... don't deserve the kindness.

I don't deserve any of this!!

Their protection.

Their care.

I don't deserve any of it!

I don't deserve...

"(Y/N)? What happened?" I heard Bow, once again snapping me out of my thoughts. It seems like only she has the power to do so.

"...I.." I breathed out, still shaken. "Tell me what happened" she asked, floating around to be above my desk. "I... don't deserve any of this" I shakily squeaked out. "Sure you do! You're a wonderful person" she pat my head, which was buried between my hands.

"No! I'm not!" I retorted, not moving. "I've said horrible things. I... said I didn't care... about my family. Without thinking!" I continued to vent to her. The tears already running down my face, spilling onto the desk, where the soup was still untouched. Now cold.

"And I... meant it. I'm a bad person! I don't deserve this!" I continued, until Bow grabbed my face. "Listen... you're the sweetest living person I've ever had the chance to meet. And I wouldn't change it, even if it meant I got another shot at life! You're amazing (Y/N)! And don't let anyone tell you otherwise" she said, staring me in the eye.

I broke down, clinging onto her small form as I couldn't find the words to talk anymore. She pet my hair, soothing me as well as she could. Braiding small braids, as she didn't care if her bows got soaked, as I continued to cry into her side.

After what felt like hours, I loosened my grip. "Go and wash up, we can continue talking when you're feeling better" she told me, knowing that a hot shower easily calms me. I nodded, agreeing with her.

I stepped into my private bathroom, turning the light on. I took my shirt off, leaving me in the black bra I had on. Exposing the holes through my shoulder. I put my hand over one of them, not being able to reach the other with the same hand. I looked into the mirror, and down to my wrists. Inspecting all of the scars.

I turned back up to the mirror. My eyes red, puffed up from crying. My hair being a complete mess. And my cheeks flushed.

I'm a bad person.

I gripped the edge of my bathroom sink. Staring into the mirror in front of me.

I don't deserve this.

I looked at the orange container in my hand, before taking the cap off.

I don't deserve their kindness.

Bow is outside, waiting for me. But for me right now, she's not there. No one is.

And now, the boos are in danger because of me. If I hadn't stayed for so long, then Luigi wouldn't have found out...

I...

I don't deserve... to live.

I threw my head back, swallowing all of the drugs in the container in one go. After that, I sat down on the floor, and waited. I started feeling dizzy, and as if I was going to throw up. "(Y/N)? Are you okay? You're taking an awful long time to turn the shower on" I heard Bow. I fell to my side, with a heavy thud. Bow phased through the door, and almost screamed. She quickly floated down to me, and started checking my pulse, breathing. Nothing. She tried her best do preform hands only CPR.

Meanwhile in the mansion. The King tensed. Tam, of course, noticed, and gave him a questioning look. "Something's wrong. (Y/N)!" he yelled my name and dashed towards my house. "Please be an over-reaction" Tam prayed, knowing well, that the King's instincts very rarely fail him.