Ch.7

I ended up spending the night here in the mansion.

Hopefully I haven't worried my dad too much, even though he probably is worried sick. I got to sleep in the master bedroom, and have it as my own bedroom.

"Good morning!" I heard my new friend, Boolivia. She was asked to keep an eye on me. Although, not to be offensive, Boolivia is white. Presumably she is biologically male, but to keep the respect, I'll call her a she, as that was requested.

"I hope you had a good rest" she said, drawing back the curtains to let the sunlight in. "It was fine. Could be better" I stretched my arms above me. She put a dress by the end of the bed. "The king has requested you to wear this tonight" she said, before leaving. Probably to sleep somewhere, as it is 10AM. I got up from the bed, and dressed myself in the clothes I had yesterday.

Once that's done, I got out of my room, and made my way downstairs to the basement. I had left my books there. It is also the warmest room in the mansion, believe it or not. Possibly because the king turns into a radiator when he's asleep.

I sat down by my usual spot in the hidden room. Leaning against the golden pillar. Looking towards the sleeping king, who's put his crown on the floor beside him.

I took out my note book, and my book on poltergeist. It's not exactly school work, but I do have a couple more questions that need clarification. I might as well ask them now that he's not busy with anything. Then again, he is asleep.

I got up, and crouched down beside the king. I hesitantly tapped on him, asking myself if I should wake him up. But he did say that I could wake him for anything.

After reassuring myself, I put my hand against him, feeling the heat radiating from the ghost. He stirred for a moment, before turning his head towards me. Not sure if I should say "head" as it is really just his face moving. I stood back up, and took a step back.

"Good morning, (Y/N)" he said, quietly, with a light smile. "Its closer to noon" I answered. "It always feels like the start of a new day with you around" he stated, making me feel the butterflies in my stomach. "Since when did you get smooth?" I asked, jokingly. He chuckled for an answer.

"Was there something you needed?" he asked. "Well, I have just one question for you. The rest I could ask Tam. To let you sleep" I answered, taking another few steps back and sitting down again. "Why is it that you're always so much warmer than the others? Is it because of your size?" I asked. He was silent for a short moment. "Uh-m partially" he answered, looking away from me. "Partially?" I asked. "Bigger things radiate more heat, right?" he answered, with a shaky voice. "Not necessarily" I stated. I could practically see the beads of sweat on his forehead. "Are you okay?" I asked, leaning a bit forward. "Yeah, yeah, I-I'm fine!" he answered quickly. He faced me again, flashing a grin, showing off all of his sharp teeth. I sat there, unconvinced. "What is it that you're not telling me?" I asked, not breaking eye contact. He sighed, sinking down into the pillow. "Why do I even try?" he breathed. "I... I'm just happy to have you. Here that is" he answered. "Then why didn't you just say so?" I asked. "I. Don't know... I guess it would make it seem as if I'm..." he stopped before finishing the sentence. "Like you're- soft?" I asked, trying to finish the sentence. "No, no, that's not it. I'm nice to all my friends" he corrected, sinking deeper into the pillow. I looked over to the painting behind us, while the king tried to figure out what words are.

My uncle is still trapped, and he's trying to tell me something through charades. Too bad I've never been good at this game. But once he started pointing at us, and making a heart with his hands, I started to connect what he wanted to say. The king couldn't possibly be. No, that'd be ridiculous. He's royalty, and I'm just... me. Not to mention that he's dead, and I'm living.