Ch.8

I found myself walking around the hallways, bumping into a poor toad who had wandered in, being scared by a boo, and running away, screaming. I stepped closer to the boo, who was snickering to himself.

"Why do you keep scaring people? Isn't there anything better to do?" I asked, catching his attention. "Isn't that what ghosts are supposed to do? Spook the living?" the boo turned to face me. "Then why don't you scare me?" I asked, crossing my arms. "You're our friend, no? We know you're not scared of us, so why even try?" he said. "And I don't think we've properly met. I'm Kung Boo" he added. So he's the one that was screaming earlier. "It's nice to put a face to a name. But I promised Boolivia to see her in the art gallery. It was in the attic, right? Right before the balcony?" I asked. Kung nodded, and I left him to whatever he was doing. I made my way upstairs, finding Boomeo on the way, who followed me to the art gallery.

"(Y/N)! Perfect! Come here for a minute" I heard Boolivia call for me as soon as I stepped into the room. Not even giving me time to close the door properly. "I need help. A favor from one artist to another" she continued, as I got closer to the canvas. "What colors should I use for the flowers?" she asked when I could see the painting. So far, it's only got a few blocked in colors, and very little detail. But it's a landscape piece, with a little house, and I think I can see where she's going with it. "It's giving me a bit of a rustic vibe. Maybe white, or some Carolina blue? Perhaps a bit of dark amber?" I suggested, envisioning what I think she's going for. "I can definitely see that working. Maybe the blues over there, and the orange there. Oh! And a nice little bouquet in the window sill. Yes! I can see it now! Thanks (Y/N)" she answered, and rummaged through her paints to find the right ones. "You're welcome" I said, and left here be. I looked around the room, inspecting all of the paintings. All of them of varying degree of skill. I landed on one in particular, which seems to still be a bit wet. Either glossy paint, or it's been painted very recently.

It's a side view of a woman, in a white, Victorian bustle dress. Holding a bouquet of an assortment of flowers. (s/c) skin, and (h/c) hair. With a crown on her head. The entire piece is also stylized, with a minimal amount of detail to it. It does look a bit like me, but that can't be right. I couldn't never pull off a dress like that. Has to just be a coincidence.

"Did you make this?" I asked the boo, who was still busy painting. "The ones that have my signature at the bottom" she answered. I looked for a signature, which there wasn't one. Until I looked underneath the bottom edge, and sure enough, there's a signature.

"Quite lovely, isn't it?" I looked to the side, to see Boomeo beside me, also looking at the painting. "Although, I have to say that you're much lovelier" he added. "But, I'm not a painting" I answered, which caught him off guard for a moment. "Which is all the better, as that's what makes you so much better than a measly painting" he counteracted, smirking at me. "I wouldn't say that. I like this painting" I answered, walking over to the next canvas.

"But may I ask, why such an angel is here on earth?" he stated. "I don't know. You should ask one if you find them. Personally I crawled out of the depths of hell, because Satan got sick of me" I answered. "Well. That explains why you're so hot, then" he answered. Alright, I'll have to give a point to that. But... "Really?" I stated, patting my forehead. "I hope I'm not getting a fever" I continued, which made him whine, and lean to the side.

I stayed in the gallery, chatting with the hopeless romanticist. I do find his reactions satisfying when I act like I don't get that he's trying to flirt with me. Even if he makes me uncomfortable at times, he's still fun to hang around. He's always so melodramatic.

But, he seemed to have given up on flirting with me, and is now having a genuine conversation with me. Mostly about the artworks, and what we think of them, but we do find other topics as well.