Chapter 5: Soldier

Izuku stood nervously outside Nezu's office.

  Nezu was the smartest being on earth, and Izuku knew exactly why he had been called here.

  He knocked hesitantly on the door.

  "Come in!"

  To anyone else the voice sounded kind, welcoming. Izuku knew better. That was the voice of a calculating tactician.

  Izuku opened the door, stepping into the small office.

  "Ah, Mr Midoriya! Welcome! Please, sit down. Would you like some tea?"

  Izuku shook his head, politely declining.

  "Very well, let us get down to business. Midoriya, what is your quirk? What does it do?" The bear like creature asked.

  Izuku sighed, slumping in defeat.

  "I call it the System. Basically, I'm like a videogame character, with stats, skills and upgrades. The system, a screen I can see and interact with, gives me quests and rewards from time to time. I've been doing quests and upgrading myself since I was 4, mainly Strength and Intelligence, because school automatically gives me a few points for doing work."

  Nezu smiled, a twinkle in his eye.

  "I'm curious, how is your intelligence Increased? What does upgrading it do? What rewards are you given for completing these quests?" He asked.

  "Well my base intelligence is about 400, but with certain items equipped I can boost it to 750. 400 points into Intelligence is about 200 iq, if the scaling remained the same. Increasing intelligence also increases my mana, which is the energy I use to use skills." Izuku explains.

  Nezu nods intently.

  "Rewards can vary. I can get bonus skill points, items, armour, things like that."

  Nezu laughs.

  "Thank you. Now if I may ask.. what was that armour you used on the field yesterday?"

  It was Izuku's turn to smile, standing from his seat.

"It's my most powerful set of armour. It increases my stats drastically, and gives bonuses to certain skills. It also has two of its own skills embedded in it, Appearance Befitting a Monarch and Aura of Despair. Appearance Befitting a Monarch gives me a big boost in power, but it makes the armour visible to everyone. Aura of despair is like a crushing weight, forcing you to kneel before the Shadow Monarch."

  Izuku's armour forms around him again, as he utters the skill's name.

  Nezu stares in amazement at the dark armour, the smoky crown and cloak.

  Izuku hides his armour again, sitting down.

  "Are you still wearing the armour?" Nezu asked.

  Izuku nodded.

  "It's just invisible to everyone but my soldiers. I got it through a special part of my main quest, getting a hero costume."

  Nezu's head tilted.

  "Soldiers?"

  Izuku turned his head to the right.

  "Igris."

  The dark Knight rose from the shadows, his broadsword at his hip. He knelt beside Izuku.

  "My Lord."

  "Tell me, how many units are under my control?" Izuku asked.

  "You have one commander, which is me. You have one elite Knight, Iron. You have 209 knights, 468 elites, and 392 normal units. You command 1,071 shadows in total."