Chapter 8: Perseverance

Izuku came to school the next day with a Key in his pocket. He was a little annoyed, because it was Saturday.

  *Key: Winter Forest (B+)*

  Izuku had bought it from the shop, to help Nezu convince the teachers to allow Gates as a training method at UA.

*Side quest: convince the heroes of UA to allow the use of gates on the premises for training purposes.*

*Suitable rewards will be awarded due to the overall verdict*

  Izuku knocked on the teacher's lounge door.

  "Come in!" Nezu's chipper voice called.

  Izuku entered the room, sending a wary smile to the teachers.

  "Am I late?" He asked.

  Aizawa sighed.

  "No problem child, you're early. We all are." He said.

  Izuku nodded.

  "Okay."

  "Everyone has agreed to come along, but since you're the expert, I left the main planning to you. They all know the gate will be full of merciless monsters." Nezu told him.

  Izuku nodded again.

  "Okay then. Um.. All Might, Present Mic and Vlad King will be on the front lines. You will be the ones taking the monsters out. Aizawa, midnight, you two will be the scouts. Snipe and Thirteen, you will be the long range fighters. Cementoss... Because if the place the dungeon takes us I don't think your quirk will be of any use at all.. so you're on medic duty. Nezu and I will be hanging back, watching what's going on. Everyone else is either support or medic duty, whichever you're best at. Ectoplasm and Power loader will be the defense. I'm afraid your clones are going to be a bit of a meat shield..." Izuku said.

  Everyone nodded, accepting their roles.

  Izuku pulled out the Key, opening the B+ rank gate at the back of the room.

  Nezu hopped into Izuku's shoulder, and the teachers followed behind.

  They stepped out into a snowy forest, surrounded by tall trees. The heroes immediately became battle ready, staring into the trees.

  Izuku expanded his senses, searching for any opponents.

  Power Loader blocked the ice arrow shot at All Might. Snipe peered into the trees and shot at the attacker.

  "Ice elves! They look humanlike, but they're evil monsters, don't hold back!" Izuku said.

  A rain of arrows assaulted the group, which was easily blocked by Power Loader and Ectoplasm.

  Snipe and Thirteen used ranged attacks to take out the archers in the trees, while All Might used his speed to get close and take out the swordsmen on the ground.

  The elf platoon retreated, and the heroes all congratulated one another.

  Izuku smiled.

  This was going to go better than expected.

  The floor's boss had come to fight, but Snipe had disabled his limbs, and Thirteen finished the job.

  Izuku led the tired heroes out of the gate, stepping out last and feeling the gate snap shut.

  The staff all sat around the table, uninjured.

  "I'd like to inform you that only half of you really did anything, and you cleared a B+ gate with no problem. That is really impressive." Izuku said.

  Aizawa sighed.

  "As long as you tell us the rank of dungeon you're assigning the students, I'm okay letting you handle it. You're the expert after all."

  Izuku nodded.

  "I haven't seen class 1B in action, or the higher years, but I know which I'll be assigning each group of students."

  Nezu turned his tablet to Aizawa.
SS
Izuku Midoriya

B+/A-
Yayorozu
Bakugo
Todoroki
Kirishima
Kaminari
Tsu
Tokoyami
Uraraka
Iida

B-/C+
Ashido
Shoji
Sero
Sato
Ojiro
Jiro

C-/D+
Aoyama
Mineta

D-/E
Hagakure
Koda

  Aizawa read through the list, then nodded.

  "I agree. Hagakure and Koda need to train in combat, then they can join Aoyama and Mineta. Aoyama needs better control over his quirk, but he could move on to the next group later down the line."

  "If they all work together, as one unified team, I'd say they all make A+." Izuku said.

  "If Todoroki started using his fire he'd become A+ easily." Nezu commented.

  "As long as a teacher is present, then I don't see why not. Also, I'd like for someone to accompany you when you go dungeon crawling." Aizawa said.

  Izuku sighed.

  "Do I have to? I can take down an S+ gate solo, without my shadows..."

  Aizawa nodded.

  "Yes. It's safer to have another real person with you. Not just shadows."

  Izuku sighed again.

  "Okay, fine. But I want you to come Aizawa. I need someone good at dodging and keeping hidden."

  Aizawa nodded.

  "That's fine."

  "We'll probably be in there for days at a time."

  "I'll sleep through it."

  *Quest complete!*

  *Rewards earned.*

  *+20 stat points.*

  *Key: Training Grounds (E- - SSS+)*

  "Wow. That's a good key." He muttered.

  "What was that Midoriya?" Nezu asked.

  Izuku selected the key and read out the description.

  "The key to the Training Grounds. Gate will remain open until the owner wishes for it to close. When used, key returns to inventory. Once the Gate closes, it can be re opened elsewhere using the returned key. Killing Boss monsters does not close the Gate." He read out.

  Izuku though of E grade monsters and opened the portal at the back of the room, stepping through.

  The greenette stepped into an open field full of E grade enemies.

  Izuku went back into the staff room and thought of an S grade environment.

  He stepped back into the portal and was met with dragons.

  Izuku leaped back into the staff room and closed the Gate.

  "Dragons!!" He yelled, a massive smile on his face.