dallas winston

*You're a Curtis sister*

It was a Friday night. Most of the boys were out at the diner and you were at home. They asked you to come with them, but you were tired and wanted a quiet night in. The only one that didn't go with them was Dally, and lord knows where he is.

You were cleaning up around the house when the door burst open and Dallas stumbled in, the side of his face bleeding. You grabbed a wet rag before quickly running to his side.

"Dallas what the hell happened to you?" you asked frantically as you dabbed at the gash on the left side of his face.

"Damn socs." he muttered angrily, pushing your hand away. You looked at him sternly until he gave in and sat on the couch. You went to kitchen to get more towels and ice and hurried back to him.

"What happened?" you asked him quietly.

"I was walking to Buck's when around five of them pulled up beside me." he explained. "I thought I could take them, but when they all pulled switch blades on me I knew I couldn't."

"Yet you still stayed and fought them didn't you."

He smirked at you. "Do you know me to ever turn down a fight, baby?"

You giggled. This was yours and Dally's relationship. You weren't a couple, but you flirted and cared for each other like you were. Actually, it was more Dally doing the flirting. You were usually too flustered to reply, or one of your brothers would smack Dal upside the head.

"All done." you sighed, wrapping some gauze on the wound. This was your job. Every time the boys came back from a rumble it would be your job to play nurse. You hated that they even went to those things, but oh well. You couldn't stop them.

"Would you like to stay here for the night Dal?" you asked. He nodded and you went to the kitchen to put the first aid kit away. As you headed into your room Dal grabbed your wrist.

"Sleep on the couch with me, doll." he said. You were shocked at the offer but walked with him to the couch. He moved over a little to give you some space and you laid in front of him, your back to his chest. He threw his arm loosely over you as you both dozed off.

———————————————————————————

"I wonder what y/n is doing." Sodapop said as him, Darry, and Ponyboy walked up the steps to their house. As soon as they walked inside Darry went to the kitchen to see if there was anything he needed to do before going to sleep.

"Y/n cleaned up." he said gratefully. He noticed Soda staring at something. He looked at Pony curiously before walking up Soda.

"What's wrong?" he asked his little brother. Soda pointed to the living room and Darry looked. His eyes went wide and so did Pony's. You were curled up to Dallas's side, one of his arms wrapped tightly around you as you laid on his other one. Your cheek was pressed up against his chest, and you both looked really peaceful.

"What the hell?!"

——————————————————————————

You shot up at the sound of your older brother's voice, waking Dallas. You saw Darry looking sternly at you, while Sodapop looked at Dal angrily. Ponyboy just looked confused.

"Darry it's not what it looks like." you said, getting up.

"What do you mean it's not what it looks like? You were literally sleeping with Dallas Winston, of all people!" Soda interjected.

"Darry, man, we were just-" Dally began.

"I don't wanna hear it, Dallas." Darry interrupted him.

"Please, Dar, we really weren't doing anything. Dallas just came in after a fight and I cleaned him up. We were both exhausted so we fell asleep." you explained to your brother. Darry looked between you and Dallas for a moment before sighing and going to his room.

"Just make sure this never happens again." he yelled.  "And you're sleeping in your room, young lady!"

Soda looked at you incredulously before shaking his head and following Pony to their room. You quietly giggled and Dallas smirked at you.

"Good night, Dally." you whispered, heading to your room.

"Good night, doll."