Chapter 13

POV Michael

Today is the day I'm going to tell her the truth. I've waited long enough. I look at my reflection in the mirror, wearing a simple black shirt with V-neck and a blue jeans. "Yeah, this is the look she fell in love with, not the normally too dressed suits I've been wearing the last few years.

I style my hair backward. Over the years I cut it shorter, because of my wavy locks I couldn't get it styled as I wanted it. It gave me a more professional and strict look, just the way I need to express myself against other business people. A cold demeanor, too smart to play games with.

First, I need to go downstairs to my appointment concerning this hotel's takeover and then I can drive to Sofia's place. I make my way downstairs, pocket my wallet in my pants. I should fix this in no time and then I can finally concentrate on Sofia, the real reason I'm here. This was just a disguise, coming here for all the arrangements. I got several employees that could arrange these affairs, but I had to be careful with my parents. If they find out, I'm here because of Sofia and I didn't inherit the business on time, I'm fucked. So I need to be careful until I'm officially the new boss of Davis corporations.

I place myself at the bar, a few employees eyeing me curiously. They saw me only with a suit and tie, so I see them thinking if it's me or my doubleganger. "Mister Davis?" The lovely bartender asked me hesitantly. "Yes?" I answer politely. "Mister Jones will attend your meeting in a few minutes. Can I offer you something to drink?" She asked me politely. "Your best whisky please," I answer firmly. She nods and rushed herself back behind the bar, pouring me a whisky. She offers me the drink, a playful smile on her face.

Of course, she's into me. Her parted lips blushed cheeks and the way she opened her blouse before returning with my whisky said enough. She dares to reveal something to me, but the truth is I'm more attracted to women who are more preserved. Women who can't see their beauty. Women like Sofia. She has changed a lot since I saw her the last time.

The only thing I got from a detective is a few pictures from her each year. She was wearing casual clothing in each picture, still as sexy as hell. Maybe even more sexy since her body changed into her now feminine curves. I sip from my whisky, my mind trailing away to the moment I had yanked her off her feet and carried her to into my car. A small smile appeared on my lips. God, I've missed her smell, her body against mine. The way her lips felt when I kissed her fiercely. There wasn't a thing I wanted more than to kiss her in the car. But I knew she would have slapped me in the face for imposing her personal space too quickly.

Because she's like that. You don't mess with that woman and if I know someone else does, I'll kill him. I'm too jealous, too selfish to let her walk. I've to be sure her love for me isn't entirely gone. If she decides to live her life without me, I'll leave her be. I'll monitor her from the shadows, making sure she has everything she needs. The thought of her choosing another option than loving me hurts like hell. Every worst-case scenario I've analyzed in my mind. Hopefully, in time she'll understand why I did the things I did.

"Ah mister Davis, it's so nice seeing you again." I hear Jones his foul voice, and I felt nauseous almost instantly. "Cut the formalities, Jones. You know I'm not here for a friendly chat." I tell him firmly. His demeanor changed and like a puppy, he settles himself next to me. "I'm well aware of that mister Davis. I only tried to be friendly." He responds coldly. "You don't need to be friendly, Jones. It's not like we can walk through the same door now or in the future. This is business, nothing more." I answer roughly.

Jones nods and gestures to the bartender to give him a drink. I eye him closely. A rat always stays a rat. I don't trust him for one bit. My detective found him snooping around in my files on the internet. It wasn't my idea to buy this hotel; it was my father's idea, or else I wouldn't be sitting here with him. He has stabbed me in the back once, I won't make the same mistake twice. And because I have to buy some more time with my father and my plan of destruction, I need to obey his choices.

"Why does my father want to buy this hotel?" I ask him directly, my eyes fixated on his face. At high school, we've taught some facial expressions, so I know when he's lying to me. "I don't know the reason behind it, mister Davis. He had contacted me a month ago, telling me he was interested in buying this building." Jones tells me hesitantly with a fake smile. Does he really think I'm buying his crap? "And now the truth Jones!" I hiss angrily. I need to be careful about this one because I'm aware of his betrayal at every corner of the business world. A fucking snake it is, only lucky to have wealthy parents.

He looks at me and smirks. "Penelope, two whiskey's please." He instructs the bartender cheerfully. He winks at Penelope, a foul expression on his face. I clench my fists under the table. That fucking bastard, I knew it. Penelope sets the drinks before us, a small smile appearing on her face. I wink at her instead. "Now, where were we," I tell after drinking my whisky in one gulp. Jones eyes me curiously, a devilish smile on his face. "Well, uhu, your father was just interested in the building, maybe to expand I don't know." He replied. "It's not like I had many conversations with the old man."

I smirk at him, shaking my head in disbelief. "You're a fool, Jones. You know you're messing with the wrong guy, right? I just need to know what my father is up too." I hiss softly. Jones' eyelids became heavier by the second. "Are you tired all of a sudden?" I chuckle. "Jones his head yanked into my direction. And then into Penelope's who eyes him with fear. "You fucking slut! I told you to put it in his drink, not mine!" He hissed angrily, steadying himself with his arms.

With one hand, I yank his head to mine. "Never mess with me, Jones. I knew you were going to drug me. I gave your lovely bartender a little more than you offered her. Did you really think you could drug me!" I hiss angrily, feeling his head and limbs becoming heavier. "Guys!" I yell. My two bodyguards appear behind a door. "You know what to do with him when he wakes up. And make sure he signs the contract." I shove them the papers. "Yes, boss." They answer in symphony.

"As for you Penelope, you can save your job if you keep your mouth shut. Here's the money." I shove them toward her, a fearful expression on her face. She nods thankfully and I wave my guards off. "Will I ever see you again?" Penelope asked hesitantly, a small smirk on her face.

"Probably not, I've some more important things to handle right now," I answer shortly, a beautiful brunette swirling in my mind. Without glancing back, I make my way outside, heading towards my destination. I step in my car and start the engine. Suddenly my phone rings and it connects with my car. "Hello?" I greet. "Mister Davis, Sofia Santos is on their way to the airport, sir." My detective tells me. "Now? I thought she would return Wednesday?" I asked. "Apparently she has changed her agenda, sir," Geoffrey told me hesitantly. "Fine, arrange me a flight to New Orleans then," I tell him coldly before disconnecting the call.

"Fuck, I was ready to tell her, and now I have to wait again," I murmur angrily. "Sofia, I'll follow you anywhere if I need to."