Chapter 9~ The Tower

~ THIRD PERSON POV~

Everyone shoots up and goes up the stairs to the tower, when we get up there all around us are titans. All different sizes and are all moving in the dark,

" I couldn't see them in the dark," Lynne says " But with the moonlight..."

" How could they move, this shouldn't be happening the sun went down hours ago," Gelgar says

"Hey, guys the hell is that?" Connie asks pointing to a titan that is off to the side ignoring them " It's a titan, have you seen one that big? Look at it it's more like some beast. How do we..."

Connie stops his talking and looks over to his comrades who were next to him. Reiner, Bertolt, and Y/n were looking at the beast with a mix of shocked and scared expression.

" Wait is it heading for the wall?" Connie asks

A titan that is around them runs over to the tower and hits the tower with its shoulder making the soldiers almost fall. The titans start to try and get into the abandoned castle forcefully.

" Hey hey, Back off don't think about coming up here," Gelgar says " Ain't you got nothing better to do? Bother someone else, I should be drinking right now. Your standing between me and a tankard of ale I have earned the right to get trashed,"

" Rookies, stay where you are. We got this let the ODM gear do what it was designed for." Nanaba says.

The four older survey corp members jump off the castle and go after the titans. The four soldiers started to go after the titans, but all of a sudden one of them goes up to the top of the castle where the recruits were.

" Titans are in the castle, get below and improvise some sort of barricade. Be careful only retreat bac here as only a last resort. Now hurry the rest of us will keep the rest of them out the best we can," Lynne said " There is quite a few so this might be the end for us, but by God, we'll fight to the last breath of our heart and soul to the cause right? Now go,"

" GOT IT," some of the recruits respond

The recruits head down into the castle leaving the others to deal with the titans.

" I'll go see how far they got in," Reiner says and grabs a torch from the wall " You find something to board up the entrance, whatever isn't nailed down."

" Reriner wait," Christa says

" What the hell," Connie exclaims

Both Bertholdt and Y/n go faster to try and catch up with Reiner who was way ahead of all of them.

" Hold up were coming," Bertholdt says " Wait up,"

" Are you kidding me, why does he always have to be the first one to step up," Connie complains " Give us a break,"

" I know, its a habit of his," Bertholdt says

" A very annoying one for a matter of fact," Y/n grumbles next to Bertholdt

~

Reiner pushed open the door and started walking down the steps. He saw that the door was still intact and unopened meaning no titans have gotten through, but he knew that they would eventually. He goes over to the door and lifts the wooden board and opened the door. When he opened the door he was greeted by a titan staring at him a couple of feet away. He slams the door closed and puts the wooden bored back on the door but the titan hits the door forcefully causing Reiner to shield the door closed with his back.

"They are IN THE TOWER!" Reiner yells " GET DOWN HERE AND HELP ME,"

The titan from behind the door hit the door with its hand and its hand was now inside the door next to Reiner's head. ( I AM SORRY I DON'T KNOW HOW ELSE TO EXPLAIN IT) The titan starts to try and take swings at Reiner with its hand blind but right before it was going to grab him he moves out of the way.