The Future Who Doesn't Know About Christmas

He didn't get much time to gather himself before a new voice got his attention.

"Well well, Priest, trying to avoid your time of reckoning, are we?"

Seto sat up, stalwartly smothering his tremblings. Standing between the doorway and his window stood a white haired man, whose robes reached past his feet and pooled onto the floor. He held a scythe in his hand that gleamed wickedly in the moonlight. The man's eyes reflected back at Seto, like a cat's.

"Ryou Bakura?" Seto said, unable to keep the uncertainty out of his voice. No, this was the other one. If anyone belonged in an asylum, it was this guy—and so, of course, Yugi had tried making friends with him. Strange ones, the geek squad, making friends with every freak they met, almost like they thought they were on some children's show or something.

But Seto didn't bother asking this time how he had gotten into his room. For once, his invader was someone he could actually see not having a problem with getting where he needed to go.

"Call me whatever you like," said the man, white teeth flashing. "I'm the Ghost of Christmas Future, whatever the hell that is."

"Isn't the Ghost of Christmas Future suppose to be silent?"

"Is that so? Well, seeing as I'm Egyptian and haven't cared to educate myself on this patchy holiday of you mortals, let's just say I do talk—not that I'm going to be telling you much of anything."

"Whatever," Seto slipped back out of his bed and straightened his pajama top unnecessarily. "I'm ready whenever you are."

The man chuckled, and the cat-like eyes flashed dangerously. Seto wondered faintly how he could have ever mistaken the quiet, book-worm Ryou for this nutjob.

"I'm going to enjoy this." he hissed.

The moonlight flickered off like a lamp. One by one, the streetlights outside and throughout his grounds snuffed out. With each lost light, the gleam of Bakura's (that seemed like a reasonable name to give him, Seto figured, seeing as that's what everyone else called him), eyes grew brighter. Though, no matter how dark it became, the robed form of his visitor remained darker, keeping him constantly visible before Seto's eyes.

Bakura beckoned him with a bare, pale hand. "Come, mortal. Let's take a look into your dismal future, shall we?"