Act 3: Blue Fire High

Scene 1:

It's the following day. Eddie and Linda just woke up, next to each other in bed. 

Linda: (yawning) Did we... Did we do it, or was that just a dream?

Eddie: Nope, we did it for real.

Linda: Ugh, I can't believe I let this happen.

Eddie: It wasn't bad, was it?

Linda: No... It was good... Great... Excellent... Perfect. If I'm being honest, it may have been the best ever.

Eddie: (excited) Really?

Linda: Don't get too excited just yet. We can't do this again!

Eddie: Why not?

Linda: Because it's you and me, Eddie. It's fucking cursed. Imagine what your brother, or Clive, or anyone from our past would think of this.

Eddie: What? You don't think they already know, on some level?

Linda: No.

Eddie: They know I left. They know you left. Leo knows I came with a girl. It's not that hard to put two and two together.

Linda: You told Leo there was a girl? Bruh, of course they're gonna figure it out eventually.

Eddie: Yeah, I might have told him some unnecessary details as well, that will further help him figure it out.

Linda: (sigh) You know what? We don't have time for this. Today is our first day of school.

Eddie: Right. I almost forgot.

[They get up, get dressed, and go to the kitchen, to have breakfast. They're now discussing the plan, while having cereals]

Linda: Now, remember, we have to look like a real couple.

Eddie: Based on what happened last night, I don't think we're gonna have problems.

Linda: Right... Now remember, we have to be a part of the cool kids.

Eddie: Pfft, why?

Linda: We didn't go through all this trouble to be losers, right?

Eddie: Linda, would you relax? Let's just be ourselves. It's most likely our last semester in any high school, ever. So fuck the labels, let's enjoy life.

Linda: B-but... Nevermind, you're right. Now c'mon, let's finish this.

[They finish their breakfast, get everything they need, and head to the bus stop, which is still empty]

Linda: Did we get here too early?

Eddie: Nah... We could just rent a car, though.

Linda: And what's the fun of that? I miss the legendary yellow school buses.

Eddie: Well, I don't.

Linda: That's because you went to Sacred Falls, and Sacred Falls fucking sucks.

Eddie: Yeah. But a bus is just a bus.

Linda: We'll see.

[More people join in. Eddie and Linda hold hands]

Eddie: (whispering to Linda) These kids seem kinda quiet.

Linda: (whispering back) Yeah. And they don't seem to know each other that well. You know what this means, right?

Eddie: (whispering) Nope.

Linda: (whispering) The back of the bus is probably unclaimed.

[The bus arrives. All of the students get in, and none of them are headed to the back of the bus, which is completely empty. Eddie and Linda sit there]