Act 4: Parallel Universe

Scene 1:

It's the next morning. Eddie woke up a bit earlier than usual, while Linda was still sleeping, and went to the living room. He is on his new laptop, talking to Leo on the private servers of Club Penguin. The two have been chatting for a while now.

Leo: Dude, no way. Adam being a good person? That's not possible.

Eddie: I'm telling you, he changed.

Leo: I was his bestie for more than a year. Trust me, I know the guy.

Eddie: No, not this version of him. He's completely different. He's religious, apparently. He also got nicer overall, and smarter. And he dresses nerdy now.

Leo: Haha, no way. Adam, religious?

Eddie: Yeah, and they call him the NoFap guy now, because he's always preaching against masturbation, and shit.

Leo: What? Adam? That motherfucker could name every category of the hub, off the top of his head... And you're telling me he's some sort of NoNutNovember world champion now?

Eddie: I know. He's a completely different person.

Leo: Jeez, dude. I don't know what to say.

Eddie: And don't get me started on Russ.

Leo: What? He's different too?

Eddie: Yeah... Well, I mean, I can't quite put my finger on it, but something's different about him. He's more... Likeable? I don't know. Maybe it's the fact that he's no longer the guy who's dating the girl I want. Or not... All I know is that I like him way more now... It's amazing, a lot of people from my past are making their way back into my life, and it's turning out way better than I expected. I feel like I'm in a parallel universe, or some shit.

Leo: Wow... I don't know what to say... Oh, and speaking of the girl you want.

Eddie: Yeah, what?

Leo: Stay far away from my brother.

Eddie: Oh, so you guys figured it out, huh?

Leo: Yep. I did. You and Linda? Never saw that coming, but I gotta say, you fuckers make one hell of a cute couple.

Eddie: Yeah, well, as of now, she's not my real girlfriend yet.

Leo: And what does that mean?

Eddie: We kinda started this fake relationship. We hold hands, and kiss in public, just so that people think we're dating. But it's an act, nonetheless. It was all to make a good first impression, and I have no idea how it's gonna turn out.

Leo: And let me guess, you obviously like her for real?

Eddie: Yep.

Leo: Hahaha, classic Eddie. Only you would get into a situation like this.

Eddie: It's not funny. I don't know what to do.

Leo: Well, for starters, let's see if the odds are in your favor. Do you think she likes you?

Eddie: We kinda slept together, on our first night here, so...

Leo: Wooow, dude. That's huge.

Eddie: So, there's a chance?

Leo: Yeah. There's always a chance. Especially, when you got that far already.

[Linda wakes up, and gets out of bed]

Eddie: Well, I just heard noise coming from the bedroom. She must be waking up. I'll talk to you some other time, bro.

Leo: Alright, bye.