𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Peering over the icy hills, Y/n could be seen peering out of her bedroom window with a dejected face, hands rubbing together with a wool blanket wrapped tight around her for warmth.  Expecting her brother for the past hour, she starred blankly at the frosty fields. Winter was a block away, as lakes began to freeze and heavy rain turned to sharp hail. Since about six in the morning, Y/n gazed at the first snow, filling her with determination. "Where could he be its nearly nine!"  Now pacing back and forth in her tiny room, she hastily made the decision to accomplish chores. 

     She began by dressing in a plain white under-dress, and a maroon walking dress over top. Stepping down the few creaky stairs to the lounge, she picked up a conveniently placed broom and dustpan and began to sweep away. Distracting herself from the fact her brother is 3 hours behind schedule, she started washing the two dirty dishes. Then folding the few pieces of clothing, and dusting books.

"He probably slept in at the lodge, nothing bad could have happened the  market is only a few miles east from town!" Trying to reason for her brothers late appearance, she is interrupted with a self-assured knock. "B/n!" Lifting her skirt and dropping the broom, Y/n shuffled to the door, and opened it with open arms for a hug.

"My my Y/n, miss my that much?" An all knowing smirked graced the face of the one and only Jshlatt. "Shlatt- What are you doing here!?" Y/n held a scowl on her face,  disappointed with the face she was met with. "Am I not aloud to pay my future wife a lovely visit? its nearly been a week since you've seen me, swoon over my presence-" 

"Alright Shlatt, nice to see you but I have somewhere to be." Y/n slid on her conveniently placed outdoor shoes and slipped past the buff man who had one arm rested against the door frame with the other placed smugly on his hip. "What-" 

"Bye Shlatt!" Y/n ran to the plains near her house, in which the direction her brother ventured last night.  Making it to the dry plains that have been frosted over night, Y/n spots a frightened steed bolting at her in full speed. "Bayard!?" She held her arms out to bring the horse to a quick stop, Bayard reared onto his hind legs. "Bayard where is B/n!? What are you doing here!" Y/n checked Bayard for injuries,  with zero signs of B/n. 

Bayard huffed out a wheezed neigh, pulling y/n by the hood of her scuffed cloak. "Bayard, I need you to take me to B/n! Please!" She hauled herself onto the saddle.  "Marche!" she whipped the reins, and Bayard dashed to where he came from. 

Dodging trough thick trees and leaping over roots, it began to snow once again. This time, the snowflakes were three times as big as strong winds pushed them through Y/n's thin clothes, chilling her to the bone.  "Erm, Bayard! Is this the right way!?"  Hollering over the gusts of wind, Bayard ignored her and continued sprinting through the cramped forest. In the near distance, Y/n could nearly spot a looming castle.

Adrenaline pumped through her and Bayard's veins as they neared the front gates. Within the assailing wind, howls could be heard. Weather it was the wind or dangerous creature, Y/n could only hope for the former. Reaching the tall Brobdingnagian metal bars, Y/n and Bayard simultaneously took a big gulp, and pushed the gates wide open. As they slowly entered the property, the gates abruptly shut behind them with a creaky clank. 

~~~~

I helped Bayard open the castle gates that seemed to be 15 feet high, with sharp spikes on the end of each metal bar. I tightly grip Bayard's reins, prepared to make a run for it. Suddenly, a loud crash echoed from behind us, most likely waking up the entire forest. "How homey..." I whispered out, Bayard only replied with a shudder. 

*The ruins of the old castle take shape above, filling you with determination.*

"This place looks old and haunted, lovely." I let my arms rest on Bayard's back, feeling a tad bit more at ease.  

~~~~

END OF CHAPTER THREE

Sorry for taking so long to update!