11, whoever you are

the fact that i haven't been updating is literal proof i'm becoming lazy and the font i'm using doesn't support italics so i have to keep changing it to the one that does so ignore how little of italics there is 😡 also if this is a bit cheesy IM SO SORRY 😭😭

11, whoever you are

"Come on Mum, you know we can't just abandon our life here!" — You try to convince your mum to not move, you loved living here. With all your friends and Evelyn. "I don't want to move again!". Your mother looks at you, a sincere look. You felt a pang of hurt in your chest, as you knew she couldn't do anything about it. You sigh and go towards your room. You were debating to text your friends about your situation. Walking around in circles, of course still inside your rather small room. You decided to only tell Evelyn, that would hurt less for the others. It's not like they needed you, right? You decided to call her to meet up instead at the local cafe.

She picked up, and in a serious tone you asked her — "Do you wanna go to that one cafe? I need to talk to you about something." — "Sure~! now?" You could hear the confusion in her voice. It pained you that you wouldn't be able to see them ever again. "Yeah, i'll see you soon," You quickly replied wanting this to be over. It's not like the author wanted to add this to the plot randomly to make it dramatic and more of a slow-burn, right?

You didn't have anytime to think, as you met her immediately on the way there. we'll always be friends right Maia? Those memories were always at the back of your head, most likely now long gone. "Hey Mai! What's up?" She questions. She notices the look on your face, a serious expression. "Do you wanna get some food first though?" you asked avoiding the question she literally just asked, you thought you were being too rude at this point not giving her any details on what's happening currently. "Sure! I'll order for us, while you find us a table. Sounds good?" She said softly. I nodded in response.

Once she got our food, she ran to me. "Is this about your lover boy?" She smirked hinting to Conan. "God, no!" You quickly disagreed. "Then.. what's wrong?" She questioned giving me a sad smile. I sighed and told her everything I could without crying. "You haven't even told Conan nor Mind?" She muttered. You would've denied but really, you had no proof or talked to anyone except Eve. You felt a hole of emptiness inside your stomach, knowing that you excluded everyone from your life the past day. "It's okay, sometimes you want to keep things personal or aren't ready yet." She assured you. Evelyn grabs your hand and squeezes it. "C'mon now, let's eat before our food gets cold. AND I paid for it!" Eve seemed so proud. You chuckled and ate your food. You promised to always call her and text her somewhat daily. She encouraged you to tell Conan, but you never had the heart to. The next day, you were moving away.

Years past, and you never lost contact with Mindy and Evelyn.

You never forgot Conan. Although, he might've moved on. Not all stories have a good ending... right?

This was more like a beginning to your new life. You got a new job, made some friends here and there. Doing anything to support your family. One day you decided to change her number. After all the past is in the past.

"Maia, is that you.....?" A sad voice asked. You franticly looked around but saw nothing but a pitch black room. You suddenly woke up a feeling of regret, dread and betrayal washed over you. It wasn't your fault right? You had to text him. now or never.

shit. What was his phone number again?

 What was his phone number again?

lol