Chapter 13

Clary and John burst through the front door, the place looked fine except for a stain on the floor. Clary walked over and bent down, she reached out and touched the stain. When she pulled her finger back it was stained dark red. Blood.

"That's not blood is it?" Johnathan asked, looking down at her.

Clary just gave him a worried look. "MUM?!" She called out. "DAD?!" There was no response.

Clary stood up and noticed that the blood led a trail from the lounge room. Clary followed the trail and gestured to John to follow her. She reached the door and put her ear up to it. She could hear faint voices coming from it. Clary gently opened the door and was horrified at what she saw.

The room had been trashed. The couch was turned over, pillows had been ripped and feathers were everywhere, the glass coffee table had been shattered. But the thing that scared her the most was all the blood. Someone had obviously been pushed into the glass table and been cut horribly. The blood was just everywhere.

Clary noticed her parents were in the corner of the room. Jocelyn was sobbing into Luke's shoulder and Luke was doing his best to comfort her but he had an extremely stressed look on his face.

"Mum, Dad." Clary said. "Where's Lily?" She asked. Noticing she hadn't seen her sister since she'd gotten home.

Jocelyn let out a wail and Luke winced. "We can't find her anywhere." He said. "We went out for just ten minutes, when we came back we found the place like this and we looked for her for an hour, she's not here."

Clary felt sick. "Please tell me that's not her blood."

"We don’t know." Luke whispered. "The Silent Brothers are on their way, we'll know soon enough."

The Silent Brothers had confirmed the blood as Lily's. After that Clary couldn't bare to stay in the house. She flew out the back door, she raced across the yard into the forest that backed her house. She kept running until she reached a hollowed out maple tree. She crawled into the tree and sat down, curled up against the corner and she cried. Clary always came to this tree when she was upset, it was her tree. The reason she liked it so much was because when you slipped through the hole in the tree, there was a small cave underneath the tree. Only one other person knew about her tree. Jace.