Chapter 20

Clary and Simon had been doing homework for the past hour when Jonathan came upstairs for lunch. He raised an eyebrow when he saw the two of them laying on the couch.

Clary saw the look and said. "History homework."

Jonathan nodded.

Just then the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." Jon said, as he headed towards the door.

Clary and Simon went back to their homework. Clary lifted her head when she heard voices coming from the hallway. She instantly recognised them as Jace, Alec, Izzy and Magnus.

Clary sighed just as the others came in. "So much for History homework."

Isabelle was the first to notice Simon. "Simon!" She squealed. "What are you doing here?" She purred and battered her eyelashes.

Simon smiled at her. "History homework."

"Oh, how fun." Isabelle said, whilst sliding in next to Simon on the couch.

Clary rolled her eyes and got up off the couch, not wanting to disturb the two lovebirds. "So what are you guys doing here?"

"We had no other place to hang out." Magnus shrugged.

Clary nodded, they usually hung out here because Maryse and Robert still weren't comfortable with Magnus and Alec dating and Jace's parents didn't really like him having friends over.

Jonathan ran his fingers through his white blonde hair. "I'll go make lunch."

"I'll come with you." Jace said, following John into the kitchen.

The others sat on the couches in the living room, talking amongst each other.