Chapter Eleven

After that, incidents kept happening left and right. Students were afraid they were going to be next and the professors were doing everything in their power to  find a connection between the students already affected and why this was happening and more importantly who was doing it and why. Madam Pomfrey was doing everything she could to learn about the curse they were placed under. She went to the library and looked in the restricted section to see if she could find anything similar to what was happening now. She looked around at the six students who lay in deep sleep in the infirmary beds trying to think of any clues, when she noticed they were all female students.

'Could they all be friends? Or somehow related? Or were they involved in something or saw something they shouldn't have and someone was trying to shut them up?' She thought to herself. There were some from different houses and different years. She needed to find a way to break it before it was too late. 'How did this happen?' She'd never seen anything like this.

For the past couple of days Mina, Ami and Yoongi had been going to detention during their lunch time. Ami went to quidditch practice during her free time as their first match was only a week away. The Potions Classroom was located in the dungeons of Hogwarts Castle. The room was especially cold during the winter and students were able to see their own breath.

It didn't help that December was right around the corner. Halloween was last week and they had a feast with sweets-filled pumpkins, hundreds of live bats flying around, orange streamers, water snakes, goblets of colored sweets and all sorts of Halloween related decorations. Everyone was able to dress up, the ghosts finished off the feast with a bit of entertainment and it was a great time.

The shelves were lined with pickled animals in glass jars- which Ami found creepy and disgusting. The walls had a golden trim with ancient runes on it. Many bottles and cauldrons laid around as jarred ingredients line the shelves around the room. The room had three windows looking into The Black Lake. In one corner of the room stood a basin into which ice-cold water poured from a gargoyle's mouth, while in another corner was a student supply cupboard. There was also a blackboard in which Professor Snape could write the class's instructions.

Yesterday, Professor Snape had them pickling rat brains in jars, it was the worst thing ever. Today Professor Snape had them cleaning out the potions classroom. Yoongi dusted the shelves and glanced at Mina every so often in case she needed help with anything, while Ami swept the floor. Mina figured that would be a safer bet for Ami since she didn't want her to accidentally break something.

Mina held up a list of potions and ingredients then scanned the shelves, checking to see if they needed to restock some of the items. She did notice that some of the ingredients listed were missing, she figured that Professor Snape must have recently taken them out or just forgot to stock them back up. So she marked it down on the paper so she could let him know later.

Ami's stomach let out a low grumble and she clutched her stomach "Curse you Serena." Ami mumbled under her breath. If it wasn't for her she wouldn't have to miss lunch. Lunch and Dinner time were Ami's favorite part of the day, she just loved to eat and not being able to eat was giving her a headache and making her cranky.

Mina watched Ami muttering to herself in amusement as she continued to scan the list and mark what needed to be refilled. Ami finished sweeping and then placed some beakers and jars into a box that needed washing. Ami noticed how Yoongi kept glancing at Mina and she wanted to find a way to leave them alone for a couple minutes and she smirked as an idea formed in her head.

"Aren't you guys hungry? I'm hungry. I'm going to sneak out and get some food from the kitchen, I'll be right back!" With that Ami set down the box, winked at Yoongi which caused a small blush to rise on his cheeks as she sped out of the room before Mina could complain. Luckily the kitchen was just a corridor over. Ami peaked her head around in search of Snape.